New type o ingot molds…i need!

These are awesome. I was on my way to post about them and saw this lol

Hi,
hmm…so my rods are currently about .90 oz (25.5 grams) and 6.80mm diameter.

there are 2 rod options:

(sterling silver)
6mm/ 15 grams
8mm/ 29 grams

i think i would like the 8mm rod size…

julie

1 Like

Hi PepeTools!

may i ask the ingot thickness specs for the sheet ingot molds?

10mm
20mm
30mm

i did not see on the link

julie

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you for this message, we are researching this and going to respond as soon as we have exact measurements

3 Likes

Apologies for that delay, we were confirming with calipers on all the parts. The square sheet specs are

10MM wide x 5mm deep x 55mm tall

20mm wide x 5mm deep x 55mm tall

30mm wide x 5mm deep x 55mm tall

Thank you and please let us know if we can help with anything else!

4 Likes

Another thing that I’ve got to try out! Kinda can’t wait!!

1 Like

Same. My tool problems will never go away if all these grrst inventions dont stop lol

1 Like

Hi PepeTools,

one more question please.

i noticed that your dapping punches and blocks sre currently out of stock on your website…are you planning to bring more in soon?

I like the increments in your sizing.

julie

1 Like

Hello,

For those of you who are interested, or those of you who have been patiently waiting!..the KC Molds by Christian Koch, are back IN STOCK at PepeTools.com

Woohoo!
Julie

1 Like

more decently priced labor saving and skill saving devices… empahsis on the latter… technology marches on… if anyone buys this, what will you do with your old equiment? continue to collect them as back ups or get rid of them?

Some tools, like older style ingot molds, can be sent to the Toolbox Initiative https://www.toolboxinitiative.org/ to be used by makers in Africa who have few resources.

2 Likes

This is a great program. I have sent tools to them in the past. They need to be on the light side since they are hand carried to their destination. Tim can give you guidance on what they are looking for. I think that smaller ingot molds would probably be appreciated. I seem to get along fine with my old simple molds and delft clay. I am not sure if I will be buying KC molds, but you never know…Rob

1 Like

Right! Now how do I get them in America cus….I need this!

royjohn asked and has first dibs on my rolling mill which has gotten rusty from disuse and neglect. He will hve to pick it up himself…too heavy to ship easily… It will take some effort to restore it. The rest of my tools are so basic that everyone else has them already. Donating them as suggested would be the best option. I will be keeping a few things to do repairs for friends… otherwise everything will go. Being buried with them is not an option!

1 Like

Hi,

here is the PepeTools website where they are currently being sold.

julie

Thank you!!! Definitely gonna have to save up but it really seems worth it!

Hi,

Here is an instagram video showing the 8mm ingot rod KC Mold in use! Enjoy!

available at PepeTools.com

they were sold out, but are now back in stock!

julie

Thank you so much for the info. Definitely something I would one day love to have but quite a bit more than I was expecting. It seems you need to buy the parts separately as well so definitely a “save for” item.

1 Like