Erica Stice - Jewelry Gallery

Here’s a couple more pieces. I wanted to show how to hang slabs and geodes using pattern wire.

2 Likes

I tried my first Keum Boo piece. I’ve always wanted to give it a go and so I got my hands on some small scrap gold leaf pieces, sawed out the horse outline, and then heated the gold leaf onto the mane and tail. It’s pretty layered on. The horse stands about 3/4in tall with a base on it.

4 Likes

This is a piece that I made while I attended Michael David Sturlin’s retreat in April of 2018. We worked on box clasps, stone settings and design elements. I loved that week!

2 Likes

These were made this past week with an emphasis on finishing techniques. They will be featured on our social media sites in the Fall of 2019. Fun to make!

2 Likes

This is a new moon phase cuff. To get the texture on the cuff, I placed it in between a folded sheet of 600 grit sandpaper and ran it through the rolling mill. It came out with this shiny “stardust finish” which I toned down in a bath of LOS.
Moon%20Phase%20Cuff

2 Likes

Yep, I love this claws thru metal piece. I would absolutely wear this necklace, and who’s to say that this wouldn’t be a great gift for someone’s male friend. Very unisex style… Cool men wear necklaces too. Johnny Depp loves necklaces! Google it!
Sharon

2 Likes

Thanks, Sharon! :grinning:

New sterling silver flower & leaf ring. A 4mm wide ring band was cut and heavily textured to look like branches, while I transformed two 8mm blanks to shape and solder the stacked flower together. The granule in the center was created using the scrap.
Leaf%20ring%201 Leaf%20ring%202

4 Likes

I really like this- it is brave to do things others don’t/won’t… Also,
your Patina is beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you, Janine!

New nautical themed pendant. This is my second reticulated piece and the design just kept changing as I progressed.

Nautical%20Pendant

2 Likes

Congratulations … Beautiful work …

1 Like

Thank you, Carlos.

Wow - beautiful work! Apologies if you already posted this but, what type of silver do you use for reticulation? I’ve read that 80% silver/20% copper alloy can be used. Thx

1 Like

Thank you! That was a scrap of sterling silver, but I’ve heard that a higher content of copper would have made it more dramatic.

Here are crescent moon, geode posts. They were created for a theme round at the beginning of last year along with the rings shown below. Does anyone happen to know what the stone in the center ring is? I can’t for the life of me remember. The stone was super fragile and just trying to bend the prongs over chipped and split it.

Rings

1 Like

The stone on the middle ring appears to be uvarovite garnet on chromite.

Karen Hemmerle

2 Likes

Thank you, Karen!

Those are supercool! Now, I want to take a class with her! xo

1 Like

I love the copper “bubbles”. To me, they are bubbles. :slight_smile: And the placement of the starfish. This is so fun!!!

1 Like