Erica Stice - Jewelry Gallery

Thank you, Helen. I have received a lot of positive feedback on the colors. Have a great day.

Thanks, Denny! It was definitely fun and challenging to make!

Aaron, I’d love to see it when you create it. :slight_smile:

Simply
GREAT…
best, Jim

New rock salt casting piece. I added beach charms for a summer look and it’s now going into our catalog. I’m having fun casting this way and it’s a great way to use up the scrap metal here.

And how about a flashback to a year ago. It’s amazing to see what you learn and how you grow in such a short amount of time. This was a CZ phase, then it grew to cabochons and now all I want to do is work with rough slabs. I can’t wait to see what I will be making in another year! :wink:

Finished a new project. Starfish Pendant with a slab of Aventurine and an Ocean Wave Jasper. My goal was to make it look as if it was tangled in a net.I melted a mesh pattern sheet and then wrapped it around the aventurine slab with a starfish holding the jasper in place.Starfish-Pendant-1Starfish-Pendant-front

1 Like

Wow Erica!

How do you hammer down on that starfish setting? …other than very carefully!

1 Like

Hi Betty,

With the starfish itself, I bent the legs with nylon jawed pliers until they fit around the jasper. Then I soldered it to the sterling silver sheet, slipped the jasper in it and made a few minor adjustments to the legs until it was locked in. It’s as tight as can be.

1 Like

Hi Erica,
What great work, talk about thinking out of the box… you’ve moved the box to a different galaxy !
Truly art work.
Best,
Jim

1 Like

Thanks, Jim!

New rock salt casting pieces. The large image is a ring and the small image is a cuff.Rock-Salt-Casting

1 Like

This is my latest piece. I went to my very first Gem & Mineral show last year. I saw this beautiful onyx and just had to have it. I loved this stone and waited months before deciding on a way to set it. I had never done reticulation before, and wanted to give that a try too, so I thought I’d come up with a piece that incorporated both. I made the mistake of thinking that the stone had too many scratches on it and went to polish them out, however as you can see from the picture it has tons of scratches on it now that you can’t see with your bare eyes (at least I can’t) but through a photograph they’re clearly visible.
Onyx-CZ-Settings

2 Likes

Leave it alone, it looks wonderful the way it looks! “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix!”

BTW, you did a spectacular job on it!

2 Likes

Thanks, Gerry. You know Julie Sanford, don’t you? I heard you were going to Studio JSD to teach a class. What I small world, a couple of months ago came to the studio here and taught the employees how to make shadow boxes. She’s such a fun teacher! We loved having her here.

1 Like

That is high praise coming from gerry.
Aaron

2 Likes

Hi Erica & all.

I’ll be at Julie Sanford @ "StudioJSD" in mid-April/ 2019. You will be learning: both "Gypsy/Flush & Bezel-Tube settings". There will loads of bench-time for everyone to practice, every day!

Enjoy your Summer!

Thank you Aaron for that honour…:>) I’m just giving my honest opinion!

(I have now another 12 ‘technical essays’ being “text & photograph” prepared!)

How exciting! I wish I could attend your class because flush setting has been really difficult for me to learn. I drilled holes in a sterling silver sheet and practiced over and over again and I still don’t have it down! I’m going to continue to practice, though. It’s definitely one of my favorite settings.

Erica

Where do you live? Maybe I can come down and personally help you!

Contact me (only) via email!

Please go to:

gerrysdiamondsettingessays.blogspot.ca

I’m Gerry, On my iPhone!