Erica Stice - Jewelry Gallery

Casey Sheppard is fun! If you ever get a chance to take a class with her, I highly recommend it. During her first trip here, we made cuffs out of PVC.

This was one of the first classes I ever took. I loved every second of it, in fact, we all did. :grinning:

1 Like

I prefer bubbles too! Thatā€™s spot on. :smile:

Love the flower ring. Very cool because itā€™s so heavily textured and formed by hand rather than having been cast. I love how dimensional and organic it looks! I know the ring is from a while ago, but Iā€™m pretty new to Ganoskin- so just getting ā€œup to speedā€ :slight_smile: Wonderful to see your work

2 Likes

It is a beautiful flower ring. Leaves look gorgeous. Nice design.

2 Likes

Love the frame with the creative setting techniques. Great color

1 Like

Thank you, Shannon!
J

I am having trouble finding an interesting thimble so wonder how hard it is to make one.

Anybody know how or have experience in this??

Many thanks from Sharron

in sunny Puerto Vallarta

Hi Erica,
What are you planning to make the thimble from?
We used to make thimble from copper in flower designs. Thimble are span on a lathe from copper. Flower designs like here;

Thanks,
Tony

I would want the thimble in sterling silver.

But I have no way to make it by lathe. Oh well, maybe making it is not possible.

My grandmotherā€™s handmade thimble has a domed top and cone-shaped sides, with coiled-wire decorations soldered onto the sterling sides and dimples on the domed top.

ā€œIndian Jewelry Makingā€ by Oscar T. Branson (page 70) has easy instructions (with pictures) for thimble making. Looks fun.

I would not consider this a fail whatsoever. Great JOB. I like out of the box stuff and I think this rocks. Very creative.

Thank you Michael E!

Wow, itā€™s been awhile. Since quarantine, Iā€™m working from home and adjusting to that. Eva Sherman was the one and the only teacher who visited us before the Halstead Studio closed down (temporarily) and I transitioned over to my home studio. Here is the Stix & Stonz ring Eva taught us to make. We fused sterling silver to create this and the only solder used was on the seam.

Stix Stonz Ring Finished

2 Likes

Iā€™ve also created a piece using a lampwork bead by Tammy Rae Wolter. Iā€™ve never worked with glass beads before, so I had fun working with something that was new to me. I wasnā€™t able to get the copper as paper thin as I wanted to. So it came out a little different than the sketch. I used prongs in the back, but the walls were slippery so I also added a drop of glue to hold it in. Iā€™ve never resorted to using glue, but I think maybe I had too in this caseā€¦

1 Like

The remainder of Tammy Rae Wolterā€™s glass beads that I had were leaves and flowers. so I made one big necklace. Each one came on copper wires roughly 4inches long, so I wrapped and soldered the copper wires around the sterling silver collar and then used LOS on the entire piece. It was the largest piece Iā€™ve made to date and took a lot of soldering to connect everything.

3 Likes

I love this! Love the lampworks; what a great creative way to use them!
Patricia

1 Like

This piece is called ā€œStarry Night at the Colosseumā€ I entered it in Interweaveā€™s First Annual Jewelry, Bead & Gem Arts Awards. I really wanted the experience of entering a contest and LJJA holds a special place in my heart, since it was the first magazine Iā€™ve ever been in. I won an Honorable Mention for this piece which really made me happy. The piece was a soldering challenge but all in all everything went well. It was the first fire opal I have ever set and I placed a few CZā€™s around to represent stars.

3 Likes

Great job. Way to put yourself out there.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what we are now doing, is letting everyone see our ā€œone of a kind creationsā€œ! Donā€™t keep it to yourself, get it seen, if anyone sees and learns from youā€¦beautiful!
Even with us teaching nowā€¦let them hear your voice. With me now doing a zoom-class at the 92Y, this technology allows us to be heard around the world.
The side effect of this deadly virus is that it is changing us a hundred-fold!!
Changing us for the positive as well.
Regards to all in the New Year, be safe & well!..Gerry Lewy!

Gerry, on my iPhone

2 Likes