The Art and Jewelry of J.Grahl Design

A Bit of the Irish…
18 K rose gold (our alloy), And a very nice 1.25 ct ginger toned round diamond.
For a dear (and very Irish) friend.
hand fabricated.
Enjoy,
Jim

2 Likes

very nice,

Regards

Binod Chand Boyed
Manager
Production & NPD

Hi Jim,
I wanted to reply about the Celtic ring and my computer took me to the top of this thread back last October. What a feast for the eye! You need to do a coffee table book.

I love the ring and its elegant simplicity and consonance of style. Looking through all your offerings, it’s amazing how you can do these relatively simple pieces and then turn right around and do something Edwardian with millgraining and melee everywhere. Amazing!!! Again, thanks for sharing.
royjohn

hi all,

please share information to make mokume gane by using only 18kt gold.
I shall be highly thankful if any body can share detailed information to
make the same

Regards

Binod Chand Boyed
Manager
Production & NPD

Multi tasking…
A commission for a younger couple , wed in an older style.
Somewhat Victorian, over 10,000 1mm Keishi pearls (100 strands), hand fabricated platinum,+ diamond.
Lot’s of combinations.
Enjoy,
Jim

Hi Jim! Amazing work! Exquisite fabrication!
I read in one of your posts meeting Mikimoto as cultured pearls were becoming a reality.
As I understand it there was a lot of trial and error before they became commercially viable. My boss, the owner of the factory that I worked at had a picture of himself and Mikimoto very early on. I don’t know this to be a fact, but he claimed to be the first importer of cultured pears. Or maybe one of the first- it’s been a few years. I thought that perhaps you knew him. Mort Lippman - he
purchased a company called “Felco” from Jack Felsenfield (SIC?) and eventually moved it to Rio Rancho, NM. The factory was eventually purchased by Johnson Matthey in the 80’s during their ill fated venture into Jewelry Manufacturing.
I hope that I’m not breaking any rules by posting this…

Diamond daze…
I love doing diamond pieces, For an item so (relatively) common, there are so many ways of approaching the design. To some degree, the center stone dictates a certain scaling of the piece. This, added to the ring size gives me a bit of an idea of the size of the canvass I have to work with.
This piece, with it’s 4 ct E color, VVS 2 center, Was a statement in it’s own right, needing a simple descending row of baguette diamonds to add a bit of detail.
The ring is hand fabricated platinum.
A gift from a loving husband to a farm girl, whose minimalist nature is reflected in the design.
Enjoy (welcome back)
Jim

Lucky farm girl !

Welcome Back Jim !
Patty

Big Bling…
Sometimes ya just gotta’ make a statement…
Hand fabricated platinum suite with a 7.5 ct diamond accented with pave’ diamond details…
Enjoy,
Jim

1 Like

Two words express this design!
“Damn beautiful!”…:wink:
Gerry! from my Toronto IPhone
(-5 GMT)

Thanks Gerry, Much appreciated coming from you !..

Wow, stunning!!!

Sharron

Simple…
It’s always a challenge to do men’s jewelry. East coast guys like a bit of bling (NY and below), upper East lean toward Euro-consertive, the California crew has a tendency to allow a bit of exploration, while still liking things low key.
For a great friend, a ruby cabochon, trimmed in platinum, accented with black jade , and all framed in 18K yellow gold.
Enjoy,
Jim

3 Likes

Oh MY!! (No words here are adequate) Absobluminitly gobsmacking…and quite the rock too!
Judy in Kansas

We are working on Gemstones like cubic zircon, emerald and quartz whose size ranges from 0.5 to 1 mm. We used these gemstones in watches. We got all machines like swiss or other but the problem is that during pre-forming there is something wrong in it. Please let us know if there is any other machine… Kindly help out for sorting this problem.

We are working on Gemstones like cubic zircon, emerald and quartz whose size ranges from 0.5 to 1 mm. We used these gemstones in watches. We got all machines like swiss or other but the problem is that during pre-forming there is something wrong in it. Please let us know if there is any other machine.Your work is also related to this… Kindly help out for sorting this problem.

Multi-purpose…
Frequently a client will bring an item to me modified or re-purposed. In this instance, I was given a Yurman 18K yellow gold and sterling chocker and asked to “Upgrade it a bit” (ok… that was not exactly the way she said it but it was the point…)
So
To that end, here is a hand fabricated , platinum and multi-color natural diamond pendant that is removable from the original neck piece. The amethyst is a 22.76 ct, Brazilian stone with nice intensity.
A bit vintage / a bit trendy, fun either way.
Enjoy,
Jim

3 Likes

Diversion…
This is a design studio first, jewelry being the primary, but not sole product.
I have had a very long association with Surfer Magazine, and periodically I am asked to create awards and acknowledgements for many of the world’s most famous surfers.
While not jewelry, the methods used in creating these bronze cast and enameled pieces are the same. The original is hand carved in (green) wax in this case. there is a first generation casting that is refined and detailed, then a mold made so we can reproduce the multiple pieces. These pieces are enameled and assembled along with an inscribed bronze plaque.
A few more projects will show up is you would like a bit of insight to other aspects of the studio’s creations.
Enjoy,
Jim

1 Like

Break out the Champagne…
Diamonds of color can be so inviting.
Take this 2.75 ct , VVS2, Natural brown diamond, which in the jewelry trade would be called “Champagne”. This rich warm hue is a great match for a combination of 18K yellow gold, platinum and diamonds in a very contemporary and somewhat minimalist ring. Hand fabricated in our “Stirrup” shape, this piece presents it’s self with simplicity.
Enjoy,
Jim

Gorgeous diamond and ring! I love champagne coloured and marquise shaped diamonds!!! My personal favourite is when they’re set in a white metal, but the yellow gold in your ring does enhance the stone’s colour beautifully.

Helen
UK