Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

I Need Gold recipes!

Hello Orchidians,

I have lurked the site for a while now but after all this time I have decided to write my first post. I alloy everything I make and so far that has limited to sterling silver. However as I come to work in Gold I realize the recipe options are a lot more complicated than silver. I need recipes for pleasing shades of both 14K and 18K Yellow Golds using the Au, Ag, Cu system (no Zinc!!) Thank you to anyone able to answer my question.

ArgentumMoon

Hello! I was browsing through recent posts and came across yours. The reason why most people probably didn’t reply is because it is somewhat seen as rude to plainly ask for recipes. I know that you had no intention of being rude, but I fear that others may have taken it that way, so they declined to share their recipes. Either that, or they’re stingy with their recipes. On the bright side, I have been compiling a list of recipes for two years. Some are from research articles, some are from casting companies, and some are made by myself. It’s an incomplete guide, but it has quite a few recipes and I’m proud of getting them all into a centralized document for you all to see. I made a post about it today right here!

Thank you very much, Your right has no intention of rudeness. :slight_smile: