Downloadable Comprehensive Alloy List

Good afternoon, Orchird Community! As always, it’s a pleasure posting here. I love to hear all of your thought-out, encouraging response and critiques. As a young kid of 23, I am always looking for ways to improve my craft and absorb as much knowledge as I can. I’ve learned that the best thing to do with knowledge is to share it. Over the past two years, I’ve accumulated a massive amount of alloy recipes ranging from gold alloys to ancient bronze alloys. I’m adding more and more as often as I can, but it’s still a work in progress. I’ve read through goldsmithing books, research articles, casting company websites, and have done some experimentation of my own to find these recipes. Most of these I did not create myself, while some I have. Many are incomplete and need categories like melting, flowing, casting, and flask temperatures, but like I said, it’s a work in progress. So please feel free to download!

Comprehensive Alloy List

Thanks Austin, very good of you to share in the spirit of ganoksin

Thank you!

My pleasure!

Good evening! I just wanted to let you know that I have a new link with an updated version of my alloy list! Here is the new list!

Comprehensive Alloy List

Some of the things I’ve added:

• Modern and Ancient Bronze Alloys
  • Brass Alloys
  • Experimental Silver Alloys
  • Shibuichi Alloys
  • Some New Gold Alloys

Remember, these alloys may or may not be correct. A majority of these alloys were not created or tested by me. I haven’t had the time to test every single one. This is merely a centralized document that I have compiled using information gathered from casting company websites, research articles, and any other bit of information I could find. Feel free to add categories, add missing information, and even share your information with the community.

Enjoy!

Warmest regards,

Austin

Austin,

You can add pinchbeck brass,

83% Copper & 17% zinc alloy. 18th century invention used in Georgian and early Victorian era a a substitute for gold, discontinued around 1840, with a nice resistance to tarnish. I’ve been thinking about making up a batch of alloy for some casting.

Eileen

Thank you very much, Eileen! I will certainly add that to the list and update the link as soon as I can!

Warmest regards,

Austin