Graver essays!

Gerry, I would also love a copy. My email is: rlbarnesesq@live.com.

Thank you very much,

Rick Barnes

Gerry,
I would also love to receive a set of your graver notes.

mike@mikecampbell.org

Very much appreciated,
Mike

Gerald, would you mind send another:) copy of your graver notes?
Thanks very much, kind regards from The Netherlands, yes yes you have admirers overhere. Please send them to lydiabruinsgoudsmid@gmail.com.

Me too please! Thank you so much, currently contemplating a graver smith but you might be able to teach me otherwise. Elizabeth@eschmetals.com

Many, many thanks for your efforts on this Gerry! Being a jeweler who works by myself I truly appreciate having the thoughts and techniques of an experienced jeweler here on Ganoksin. Your time on this is a gift. Thank you!

Gerald, would you mind send another copy of your graver notes?
Please know that your efforts are greatly appreciated by this novice!
Please send them to agatedesertent@gmail.com

Thanks very much Gerry. We appreciate your openness.
-John (Halifax)

Hi Gerry,
Can I add my email to the list if not to late.
neil@nlre.co.uk

Neil (in the UK)! You are now getting all of my stone-setting attachments.
Hoping you enjoy themā€¦Gerry!

Gerry Lewy
Toronto, Ontario.
Canada!

Hi Gerry,
Can I also add my mail to the list? Hope itā€™s not too late. Would really like to have the essays. gemstotreasure@gmail.com

Gerry,
I wonder how you manage this charity project besides your other activities (or was it vice versa). Iā€™d love to receive your invaluable giveaways on graver essays and diamond setting if you have a few minutes in spare. Thank you for sharing.
Sandor Cser
SCser@Ti-Research.com

Hi, That is so kind of you. could I possibly get a copy too?

rdtymko@rcurio.com

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Gerry,
I would love copies of your notes and essays.
Thank you!
Margretta
margretta.stone@gmail.com

Thank you for your tips and hints.
Although I trained to use graver in setting, I admit that I am quite rusty in some of the finer points.

Your tip on using the lead #2 pencil on the 1000 grit paper, for a final polish on the graver alone was a useful hint.

I never took polishing the belly on a flat graver past using bit of a well worn 1000 grit, but adding the pencil graphite to an area of that DOES make for an even higher polish!
THANKS!

Hi "Ringdoctor"
That idea makes any graver shine like mirror on the ā€œHubble Telescopeā€. What you are doing is basically rubbing gently, embedding & gently forcing the graphite into the pores of the 1,000 grit paper. I use this great & fantastic method on either #600 or even #8oo grit papers. Instead of buying the finer paper, make it your own!!! BTW, I used this basic method some 55 years ago & still use it today!! My teacher taught me this & now you know how to do it, simple isnā€™t it?..Gerry!

jmbox@msn.com. Thanks Gerry.

Thanks, Gerry.
We learned to make and shape our own flat and line gravers in the Jewelry Repair and Setting classes at Bowman Tech, but as I recall the polishing steps ended at well work 1000 grip every paper.

I played with your graphite technique yesterday, going that one extra step, after I had completed a graver refinishing as per my training.
Yes, your extra step did improve the end finish.

I hate to add to your list but I would so appreciate your essays!
jane@janebarteljewelry.com

Hi Jane
No bother to me,ā€¦:>) My list of names is now exceeding 270 at last count.
Iā€™ll be doing this tomorrow as Iā€™ve just posted another big tutorial into
Ganoksin on ā€œAzure patternsā€. regards!

Gerry Lewy
Toronto, Ontario.
Canada!

1 Like

Gerry,
If time to squeeze in yet another request for you essays - Iā€™d appreciate a copy too.

Dennismain@live.com

Mant thanks for sharing.
Dennis
ā£Sent from TypeApp ā€‹