Erich C. Shoemaker - Jewelry Gallery

The jewelry I create is based upon my interpretation of the word “treasure.” The word conjures up the slendors of antiquity. However, just as not all treasure is jewelry, not all jewelry is treasure. For me, it is how the rich yellow of high-karat gold combines with, and yet contrasts to, vibrantly colored gemstones to create something so exquisite that it transcends the word “jewelry” and enters the realm of “TREASURE!” With this as my starting point, I have focused on the ancient Etruscan technique of granulation to create modern pieces echoing the opulence of the distant past for those seeking their own piece of contemporary treasure.

Photo Credit: Erich C. Shoemaker (pic 1 &2) Absolute Photography (pic 3 & 4)

ErichCDesigns.com

18K granulated pendant/broach set with blue chalcedony, blue moonstone, and sapphires with a hand-crocheted 18K chain.

17 Likes

18KY & 18KW granulated ring with green sapphire and diamonds

18KY & 18KW granulated ring with green sapphire and diamonds

5 Likes

18KY & .925 patinated sterling rings set with tourmalines and tanzanite

18KY & .925 patinated sterling rings set with tourmalines and tanzanite

4 Likes

18KY & .925 patinated sterling pendant set with an orange sapphire

18KY & .925 patinated sterling pendant set with an orange sapphire

4 Likes

Assorted 18K granulated rings from the Classical Collection

3 Likes

18K granulated opal earrings with diamonds from the Classical Collection

5 Likes

18K granulated ring with Black Star Sapphire, Rubies, and Diamonds (Classical Collection)

12 Likes

18K granulated pendant with quartz star fish, paraiba tourmaline and diamond “bubbles”

6 Likes

18K granulated pendant with quartz seahorse and sapphires

7 Likes

18K granulated ring with sapphire and tsavorites from the Classical Collection

6 Likes

Moon Jelly Pendant from the Marianas Collection: oxidized Sterling Fathoms Silver (sterling silver made from silver recovered from a shipwreck in 15,500ft of water) with 18K bezels and blue moonstones

6 Likes

Compass Rose Pendant from the Marianas Collection: 18K granulation on Sterling Fathoms Silver (sterling silver made from silver recovered from a shipwreck in 15,500ft of water) with diamond and rubies.

10 Likes

18K Men’s Wave Ring from the Classical Collection. Crafted in 18K Treasure Gold (gold alloyed with silver and copper from the Spanish galleon Nuestra Señora de Atocha sunk in 1622 during a hurricane off Key West, FL) and set with 3 opals.

6 Likes

Unreal…just unreal. I love the pieces that look as if they are brought up from a sunken Spanish galleon-----they do! But just the simplicity of that wave ring; and the surprise of the carvings on the backsides/sides is so beautiful. This is an inspriation to me. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the wonderful compliments Lisa!

1 Like

Love the granulation. Very beautiful.

1 Like

Truly great work & workmanship. I really love your use of color & texture.
Beautiful.
& I love your photography…
Best,
Jim

1 Like

oooohhhhh! opal earrings…so lovely! my favorite… for today!

Julie

Good heavens! Thanks you very much Jim! Coming from you, that is a remarkable compliment. I took a look at your site and have to say that it is, at the very least, jaw dropping. Thank you once again!

Erich

(Hi Seth, I noticed that although I hit reply on the opal earrings, my reply posted at the end of all the photos…just curious as to why this happened? would this be normal?)

Julie