Hi Nina and attn Milt:While digging for my notes, (which I
haven't yet found,) I did find a complete article by John
Cogswell in Metals Techniques edited by Tim McCreight. It tells
all about S/S granulation. The only thing I do remember from the
course is that John suggested coating the granules with saliva
helps them adhere to the su
1) Should I floss and gargle first?
2) Hey Skip, what do you think?.....Is plaque better than hyde glue for
granulation? 3) Can saliva be used to hold solder in place when welding
platinum (without risk of contamination)?
4) Will it solve porosity problems in my castings?
5) Will silver ions kill the bacteria before the heat does?
6) Should State Farm be allowed a say on this matter?
7) Have I missed any current threads?
8) Glad you are back, John?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Richard D. Hamilton
Fabricated 14k, 18k, and platinum Jewelry
wax carving, modelmaking, jewelry photography