Hi Nina and attn Milt:While digging for my notes, (which I
haven’t yet found,) I did find a complete article by John
Cogswell in Metals Techniques edited by Tim McCreight. It tells
all about S/S granulation. The only thing I do remember from the
course is that John suggested coating the granules with saliva
helps them adhere to the su
- Should I floss and gargle first?
- Hey Skip, what do you think?..Is plaque better than hyde glue for
granulation? 3) Can saliva be used to hold solder in place when welding
platinum (without risk of contamination)?
- Will it solve porosity problems in my castings?
- Will silver ions kill the bacteria before the heat does?
- Should State Farm be allowed a say on this matter?
- Have I missed any current threads?
- Glad you are back, John?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Richard D. Hamilton
Fabricated 14k, 18k, and platinum Jewelry
wax carving, modelmaking, jewelry photography