Wax welders

Can anyone recommend a good quality wax welder please?
I have one but it has twice needed replacement handpiece so I would like a better one.
Liz

1 Like

Is this a wax pen? We have the foredom from Rio. Works well.

Yes it is.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi,

i only have experience with this Giles Wax Pen…my handle tends to get very warm with extended use…

i modified some of my tips…it is tricky…it works like a quill pen, where the wax is drawn up the tip by capillary action…the slit/ space in the middle kinda controls that…my modified tips sometimes drew the wax up too much and i couldn’t get it to pull back down onto the piece…physics dynamics i am sure…Rob would probably know how to explain it…i should google it!

i do not do much wax work these days, but i always wanted a Kerr Ultra Waxer…i am amazed how much the price has increased over the years…

over the years there have been many other wax pens become available…

I took a class from a wax artist…she used an alcohol lamp and a dental pick…she could drop tiny beads of wax in settings like nobodies business!…she was a very talented wax sculptor!
she had wicked tempurature control! She had kinda of a sixth sense about it! mind hand control…back and forth, back and forth…a rythmn!

julie

Hi,

so i am curious…what brand/ models of wax pens have you used so far, that aren’t lasting as long?

julie

That price is outrageous!
I bought one from Aliexpress for
$24 US.
SJK Lab Electric Waxer Knife Carving With 6 Wax Tips+2 Pens Dentistry Tools Dental.
Worth the risk at that price.

Julie I don’t know the brand name as it doesn’t seem to have one. [quote=“wldlzrd1, post:5, topic:68878, full:true”]
Hi,

so i am curious…what brand/ models of wax pens have you used so far, that aren’t lasting as long?

julie
[/quote]