Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Wax Tools


#1

Hey Gang,

What kind of wax tools are you looking for: injectors, carving, melting,
extruders, lathes, milling machine, CNC, tool bits (for Foredom etc)?

I’m working on a retainer for the pastry tips for the SDJ Wax Gun, also a lower
price $3-4 gun. Got a problem tho, who knows were I can get wax sticks 1/4 & 1/2
in diameter? Maybe I should make my own? Also in process; a electric carving
tool with easily changeable tips for under $20. Ya gotta have the dimmer switch
voltage control.

Hope to have the pastry tip retainer done this afternoon!

Dave


#2

At 03:39 PM 11/6/96 EST, you wrote:

Hey Gang,

What kind of wax tools are you looking for: injectors, carving, melting,
extruders, lathes, milling machine, CNC, tool bits (for Foredom etc)?

I’m working on a retainer for the pastry tips for the SDJ Wax Gun, also a lower
price $3-4 gun. Got a problem tho, who knows were I can get wax sticks 1/4
& 1/2
in diameter? Maybe I should make my own? Also in process; a electric carving
tool with easily changeable tips for under $20. Ya gotta have the dimmer switch
voltage control.

Hope to have the pastry tip retainer done this afternoon!

Dave

Dave,

You KNOW one of us is gonna answer that with a yes to all. Myself, lathes
and tool bits.

Let me know how your retainer idea is going; Jim may have his working soon
(she says optimistically…)

Susan

C Gems
Original Designs and Period Jewelry
cgems@pipeline.com


#3

Susan,

Working, as you know, on the various combination for the SDJS gun… really
done per our notes today…just want to put things in a single point of
view… cant go several ways… EVEN WITH THE POWER SUPPLY… REALLY, WANT
TO DISCUSS WITH THE GROUP FIRST… DAVE S … IS VERY concerned with the
marketing/etc of the product… but shortly ‘we’ should announce GREAT
THINGS Relative TO THE GUN… POWER S, ETC…

Susan, Dave S, Dave A… how’s that for Hipe???

( We have discussed the … NEW PRODUCT… We still need TIME!!!

Dave S … a little help would be appreciated… you know the
attitude of those … VP, CUSTOMER REPs(Susan types) … Always more for the
user… etc, etc…

Dave A… How you coming with those … Plat… FINAL PLANS, Ideas… …
SEEMS TO ME, THEY WORK… NEED TO WORK ON THE P…! ON THE JOB!!!

(THAT SHOULD KEEP THEIR INTEREST FOR A WHILE… )

Jim
( OK DOC???.. Just having fun! … VE Will PRODUCE EIN PRODUCT!!)

At 04:07 PM 11/6/96 -0500, you wrote:

At 03:39 PM 11/6/96 EST, you wrote:

Hey Gang,

What kind of wax tools are you looking for: injectors, carving, melting,
extruders, lathes, milling machine, CNC, tool bits (for Foredom etc)?

I’m working on a retainer for the pastry tips for the SDJ Wax Gun, also a
lower

price $3-4 gun. Got a problem tho, who knows were I can get wax sticks 1/4
& 1/2
in diameter? Maybe I should make my own? Also in process; a electric carving
tool with easily changeable tips for under $20. Ya gotta have the dimmer
switch


#4

Seems to me you could make wax sticks if you can find a metal tube with
that inside diameter. Fill the tube with melted wax and push it out and
use…Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html


#5

At 01:33 AM 11/7/96 -0800, you wrote:

Seems to me you could make wax sticks if you can find a metal tube with
that inside diameter. Fill the tube with melted wax and push it out and
use…Dave

Dave,

While doing a bit of light reading, ran across some wax sticks in Swest
catalog on page 53; 8g x 4" so I’m not sure if they would work or not. Come
in a box of approximately 48 per box and are available in blue, red and
green (not the red sprue wax Jim was having trouble with).
Susan

C Gems
Original Designs and Period Jewelry
cgems@pipeline.com


#6

David D. Arens wrote:


#7

Depending on size… Straws???
Jim

At 01:33 AM 11/7/96 -0800, you wrote:


#8

Yes, … and Dyer’s jewelry in Austin Tx… 1-800-225-0227, if they are
still around … If not, same catalog in tampa…Livesay’s…800-476-2715 has
wax sticks
at $10.00 a box of 18… 2 wax hadnesses… Blue, red(not Green)…

Intend to look at the size today … my gun(small) requires a 8mm round wax…

Jim

At 06:39 AM 11/7/96 -0500, you wrote:


#9

Dave,

While doing a bit of light reading, ran across some wax sticks in Swest
catalog on page 53; 8g x 4" so I’m not sure if they would work or not. Come
in a box of approximately 48 per box and are available in blue, red and
green (not the red sprue wax Jim was having trouble with).
Susan

Susan: do you have Southwest’s phone number or fax, is their catalog a must
have? Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html


#10

At 02:32 AM 11/8/96 -0800, you wrote:

Dave,

While doing a bit of light reading, ran across some wax sticks in Swest
catalog on page 53; 8g x 4" so I’m not sure if they would work or not. Come
in a box of approximately 48 per box and are available in blue, red and
green (not the red sprue wax Jim was having trouble with).
Susan

Susan: do you have Southwest’s phone number or fax, is their catalog a must
have? Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html

Dave,

The company is really called Swest vs Southwest; they have a Findings, Gems
and Fine Jewelry catalog (never used it), a Tools, Supplies and Equipment
catalog and a Precious Metals catalog. I find they have a few things I
haven’t found elsewhere. Their prices are generally lower than Gesswein and
they have four shipping facilities so the turnaround time is pretty good.
You can reach them at 1-800-527-5057 or fax at 1-800-441-5162; the catalogs
are free, just tell them which ones you want. I would recommend adding them
to your library.

HTH,

Susan

C Gems
Original Designs and Period Jewelry
cgems@pipeline.com


#11

Also have several location, … Atlanta( really Norcross), Seattle, Valencia
ca, Dallas,Tx

Have relatively new cats … waxes are of great quality…My first, out of
town supplier

Jim
At 06:44 AM 11/8/96 -0500, you wrote:


#12

Later … DO my E mail first…

Jim

At 04:07 PM 11/6/96 -0500, you wrote:

At 03:39 PM 11/6/96 EST, you wrote:

Hey Gang,

What kind of wax tools are you looking for: injectors, carving, melting,
extruders, lathes, milling machine, CNC, tool bits (for Foredom etc)?

I’m working on a retainer for the pastry tips for the SDJ Wax Gun, also a
lower

price $3-4 gun. Got a problem tho, who knows were I can get wax sticks 1/4
& 1/2
in diameter? Maybe I should make my own? Also in process; a electric carving
tool with easily changeable tips for under $20. Ya gotta have the dimmer
switch