Just a quick intro. We’re a family owned small business, much like many of you, and we’re beginning to scale and need a few recommendations. We currently hand condition our pieces, which are made out of sheet metal (copper, brass, silver, gold, etc.), and we’re wanting to have thing run more efficiently. In reading archived posts from here I found several helpful hints, many of them from Judy. With all of those, I’ve come up with what I think will get us to as near of a mirror polish as we can, relative to hand polishing.
Please let me know your thoughts:
- Vibratory tumbler with Standard Plastic Pyramid Media, Blue, Medium Cut, 5-lb - 6-8 hours
- Vibratory Tumbler with Standard Plastic Pyramid Media, Green, Fine Cut - Unknown Time frame (Recommendations please)
- Vibratory tumbler with mixed stainless steel shot - 1-1.5 hours
- Vibratory tumbler with woodchips with pegs, charged with the appropriate compound - chrome
oxide for silver, rouge or simichrome for gold - 24 hours
- Slight hand polishing if needed
We’re going to have a separate tumbler with media for each set of runs in order to make it as efficient as possible.
Also, we’d love recommendations for tumbler as well. I see the ones at Harbor Freight, but I’m a little concerned about quality.
We welcome any thoughts, and thanks in advance.