Vevor Microscope

Hi Milt
Any update on you before Vevor microscope. I am also considering one

I thought I would weigh in. I bought one from Vision Scientific and it works great. It was also quite a bit cheaper than vevor.

I had an issue with the first one (actually a user incompetence issue) and there was a lovely gentleman that took my calls and worked with me. Vision Scientific is based in the states and serves the educational market.

All the Chinese scopes are just rebadged clones anyways.

This is the exact one I got:

5 Likes

Hi Susan, Yes I did get my Vevor microscope and have set it up and started using it. I am very pleased with it and it is definitely great value for the $$. Two issues… It does not come with a ring light. The light is a must and can be purchased on Amazon for around $25. Second issue was that the microscope, when properly focused on my bench pin, was so high that I had to stand up or get a much higher chair. This made my working at my bench uncomfortable, so I had to modify my bench pin set up, to lower the bench pin by about 4 inches. Otherwise, no issues and yes I would recommend this microscope

4 Likes

Thankyou Milt :clap::pray:

1 Like

Which ring light works with the vevor?

This is the one that I bought on Amazon. Note that I bought it on Amazon Canada, but Amazon.com should have the same or similar

https://www.amazon.ca/Illuminator-Adjustable-Monocular-Trinocular-Microscope/dp/B0B1JQLXG7?pd_rd_w=1hEOW&content-id=amzn1.sym.eead389f-39cb-447b-8ca8-8d1552d98581&pf_rd_p=eead389f-39cb-447b-8ca8-8d1552d98581&pf_rd_r=6GTTK1A7GWC6F81DAK51&pd_rd_wg=j7tJN&pd_rd_r=a00b3b4d-120c-42ba-8f17-9a1eccdd2085&pd_rd_i=B0B1JQLXG7&ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_ec_ppx_yo_dt_b_search_bia_i&th=1

USB LED Ring Light Illuminator, 144 64 LED White Adjustable Lamp for Industry Monocular Binocular Trinocular Stereo Video Lens Microscope & Camera (USB 144 LEDs)

Visit the Gringoo Store

[4.6 4.6 out of 5 stars ](javascript:void(0)) 14 ratings

$26.99 with 25 percent savings-25% $26.99

Thanks! Just set my microscope up…

Nice! I got it for 19.99 here. Where does it go on the microscope?

I have been using the Vevor microscope for a few years now. Even though I try to buy the highest quality tools and equipment possible, I am quite pleased with it. I skimped on the microscope and spent REAL money a PUK 5.1 pulse-arc welder, Durstan rolling mill etc. I use the less expensive GRS adjustable height bracket to lower my setting ball and attached the mounting bracket two holes from the bottom instead of three so that my ball vice shelf is at even a more user friendly height. It sets just above the catch tray on my bench.

The Vevor stand is a little less stable than the higher end brands and is thinner gauge metal with some pieces made of plastic. I found it mildly aggravating, but it has not bothered me once I figured out how to adjust all of the nuts and bolts securely without bending the frame or damaging the plastic parts. The biggest improvement though is something I would like to pass on as it has been a great upgrade to the stability of the microscope. The Vevor mounting stand is a bit flimsy. The metal rod that attaches the stand to the mounting plate is hollow and pretty weak. It can move around causing the fasteners to loosen and you could find yourself having to readjust it often during use. I tried several things to improve it without much satisfaction. Then I bought a length of solid stainless steel rod the same size as the original one. I welded a 4" long piece of tubing to the base that the rod holding the microscope slides into and snugged it up by drilling and treading a hole adding a quality set screw to the mix, problem solved! I’m not saying that is the only way to improve things, but it sure has made my life more enjoyable.

Andy

3 Likes

Hi Andy!

very clever! see a problem, find a solution! love it!

julie