Used Metalsmithing Equipment - best places to buy?

Hi I’m a newbie to the site and to metalsmithing. I live in Canada in an isolated area so opportunities for equipment purchase and instruction are rare and hard to find. I have been trying to set up my first bench. If anyone has used equipment for sale I would appreciate a heads up. At the top of my wish list is a rolling mill. I watch Ebay for listing as well as Amazon but I am interested in any other site that the community might recommend. Thanks everyone

Gwenn If you go on Facebook there is a group called metalsmith swapmeet. I’ve seen a couple mills on there recently. Sometimes they are “pick up only” but you might know someone in the area that could ship it for you. There’s all kinds of things on there from dapping blocks to torches.Shannon

Where in Canada?
I’m in a small town, in Ontario and generally find my best source for purchasing is Gesswein. They ship.
A rolling mill is a big cost and heavy purchase, but when I got mine it came by ground freight with no issues.

Gwen
Please write back to me as I have a great tool supplier in Toronto. They
can help you for all of your beggining needs!
"gerrylewy18@gmail.com"

*Gerry Lewy *
Toronto.

• (905) 886-5961 *

Hi I live on Vancouver Island in BC. I’m just starting out and money is tight. That’s why I was looking for a used one. :grin:

What are you looking for? Maybe some of us can send you some items. I for one have a sonic-cleaner if you need it, I live in Toronto!

Gerry! On my Teaching iPhone!

Hi Gwenn, my daughters & I were in Montreal last week & we found a used rolling mill at one of the suppliers there. Like you, two of us live in isolated areas of Eastern Canada & shipping can be expensive. We were lucky that a friend was also going our way in her truck & took the heavy mill for free. Sometimes you just get lucky!

I’m sorry I didn’t see this before. Good on you for making such an awesome find. Wish you continued luck. G

Very sweet of you to make such a nice suggestion