She stated that she had to mop it up. If it were propane, I
feel pretty sure it would have vaporized promptly, don't you think?
I would have thought so too, but take a look at this link from HSE
(Health and Safety Executive, UK Gov website) if you have Adobe
It mentions the effects of liquid propane.
Another New Zealand site lists effects and first aid for LPG spills
as a liquid, on skin, eyes, etc.
However they do describe an LP spill as boiling and quickly
evaporating (or vaporizing promptly, as you mentioned), which
doesn't sound like the stuff that she had to mop up. I hope she
posts again to let us know how this problem was solved.
James in SoFl