Torch fired enameling

Dear Ronda
Thanks so much for responding to me about this . I was a bit puzzled though . I did not think that you would need to counter enamel when Torch firing . Or is this because the ,opaques will not “take” to the Argentium as they would say to Fine silver or copper ? I have only triled on Copper so far and I have only managed one coat of black on the “back side” of the copper.
Though I have managed to get the enamel to flow to the wrong side and to also flow on to the Titanuim trivet . I had to use a reallly hot torch and it was a 2 people job to unfuse the trivet.
So I found out that some stuff sticks to Titanium … so the day was not wasted … Can you please send me the link to your website .
Again thank you for your generosity with your time and knowlege to help the beginners .
Regards
Suzanne

Hi Richard, apologies that I’m only now seeing this post - but I’m sorry to say I’m not sure what it’s referring to? Thank you anyway I’m sure! Cheers, Kathleen.

Hi Holly,

I really appreciate you taking the time for this. Apologies for the late reply - I am still negotiating the new site and am not checking in religiously like I used to! I think the safest bet is to counter enamel, no matter the process, safe rather than sorry when you are working with what can be quite expensive materials.

Your notes about the gas having an influence on the outcomes is very interesting, and while not addressed to me, was very good to know. Classes are often set up with natural gas but at my own studio I use LPG & Oxy with a smith torch. and I had never considered this as a variable. There really isn’t anyone here offering torch fired enamelling to any degree so when I get a minute, I’ll be doing a bit of the work myself.
Cheers, & again, thanks for your knowledge. Kathleen.

Sure, no problem Kathleen, any time!