THE DADO Laser Welder

Hi, sorry to revive an old post but I’m hoping to connect with others who own a Dado laser welder. I have a problem with the usability of the design and I wondered if anyone else has experienced us on managed to overcome it.

I’m a small woman but I am blessed / burdened with very large boobs and this is the cause of my issue. In order for me to see into the short armed binocular I have to have the unit close to the edge of the low table I use (which is better than having a high seat at a normal bench but barely being able to reach the pedal) but this means I’m also squashed right up to the unit as well. Because of my build when I lean in to peer into the microscope it leaves very little room for my hands to manoeuvre because (another usability fault) the laser beam is so ridiculously close to the front of the unit! Why have a big working compartment when you force people to only use the front 2 inches of it.

So I thought that instead of the short armed microscope on the Dado that trying the camera off my stereo microscope might be the answer. It doesn’t fit straight on and tbh I’m not confident enough to start taking the Dado microscope apart. I would have thought this would be a relatively uncomplicated enhancement the Italian? manufacturers might do - and then offer it as an optional extra? If anyone has managed to convert theirs successfully to a camera (complete with crosshairs) then I would love to know how and what I need to buy. At the moment my laser is only being used occasionally because of this as I’m more and more relying on my Puk to do the jobs I wanted my laser to do. Any advice would be gratefully received!