Tanya Krackowize - Bench Exchange

Tanya Krackowize
England

“I am off work for 6 weeks as I have fractured my ankle and was just surfing the web and came across you site. I’ve enclosed a few pictures of my bench taken last year. I work in a railway arch in Battersea, London over looking Battersea Power Station, which is a bit of a London landmark. It’s a nice big space but it is noisy with trains going over head and along both sides. It’s also cold and a little damp but I love working there! This is how it looks pretty much all the time! Sometimes it’s really messy and other times I go through really tidy spells, especially when I start on a new collection! Pre-Christmas is pretty bad, although we have an annual open studio at the beginning of December, which means a complete spring clean. I am a small contemporary jeweller supplying several galleries around the UK, selling through my website as well as doing commission work and a few shows! I love my bench - it was a big old door, which my stepdad converted into a bench when I was at college over 10 years ago!! It’s a little bit low as each time I have moved we seem to have chopped a little bit off the legs so I need to have a new frame made as my back is beginning to suffer. I also teach one on one so have a spare bench as well! The site is great and very informative. It’s great to see everyone’s space.”

Tanya Krackowize
England

“I am off work for 6 weeks as I have fractured my ankle and was just surfing the web and came across you site. I’ve enclosed a few pictures of my bench taken last year. I work in a railway arch in Battersea, London over looking Battersea Power Station, which is a bit of a London landmark. It’s a nice big space but it is noisy with trains going over head and along both sides. It’s also cold and a little damp but I love working there! This is how it looks pretty much all the time! Sometimes it’s really messy and other times I go through really tidy spells, especially when I start on a new collection! Pre-Christmas is pretty bad, although we have an annual open studio at the beginning of December, which means a complete spring clean. I am a small contemporary jeweller supplying several galleries around the UK, selling through my website as well as doing commission work and a few shows! I love my bench - it was a big old door, which my stepdad converted into a bench when I was at college over 10 years ago!! It’s a little bit low as each time I have moved we seem to have chopped a little bit off the legs so I need to have a new frame made as my back is beginning to suffer. I also teach one on one so have a spare bench as well! The site is great and very informative. It’s great to see everyone’s space.”