I did an archive search and I'm still a tad confused about the proper
storing and care of stainless steel shot.
Here are the questions I'm trying to clear up:
1) If I am using it 2-3 times a week should I still dry it in
2) If I am only using it once a week should I dry it?
3) How long can I leave it in the water without it rusting?
4) Is there anything I should store it in? Can I store it in the
barrel (rotary tumbler)? Does that have to be airtight? Or can I
store it on the cookie tray which is where I put it to dry.
5) What's the easiest way to dry it? A few on the archives spoke of
putting it under a hot lamp, I have 10 lbs of stainless steel
shot,my heat lamp would take forever. Any problems with putting it
in the oven on low?
6) Not about storing, but I read a lot about using dishwasher soap
instead of the burnishing compound that I bought with it. Is this
okay to do? Any guidelines?
Thanks so much in advance!
Amery (91 degrees in LA today, no I am not bragging! I'm just a
little worried about our planet, it is Nov 20th!)
Amery Carriere Designs