Stone setting in a tube

I was just recently taking a stone setting course and after seating
the stone we use a ? (my question) to put over the setting and tap
to secure the stone. Was it just a concave punch? I wanted to get a
set but didn’t know what to even search for on the site.

Nomenclature! Jeez, you would think when I typed “whatchamacallit”
in the seach engine it would have come up.


Tube setting - an introduction to setting

Totally Tubular


You are looking for a set of tools called Round Bezel Setting
Punches. The product # is 53-1409 from Stuller. You can find them on
their website. I do believe that Gesswein also has them as well as
other jewellery tool supply houses.

Take care, Paul.