salt will eat right through them).
curious as to whether repeatedly getting jewelry wet in the salt
water would have any effect over the long term?
Although an experiment would give greater answers, thinking about it
I can simply advise rising the jewellery off when you come out of the
sea (most likely pat dry too, but is not part of the salt eating
soldering joint problem), for if you let the sea water evaporate and
a fine layer of salt to form then leave it for a time and repeat you
will most assuredly see a weakening and eventual failure of your
joints. Most people are likewise cautious of swimming pools and the
chlorine involved. Just take care of your jewellery and all should be
fine. Personally I would rinse coming out of the ocean, or as soon as
Hope that helps dissuade your fears.
K. David Woolley