Stamping logo on wax or metal

How to stamp a logo or sterling, a long word, is it better to stamp the wax or the cast work. What techniques make it easier to stamp wax or metal casting?

1 Like

My favorite way to stamp my hallmark and KT mark on my metal jewelry is with this style of marking pliers. They work great!

Many years ago, I got a custom hallmark stamp for this style of pliers from Otto Frei. I don’t know if you can still get custom stamps? After a quick search I don’t see anyone advertising option that right now.

I don’t have any advice about putting a stamp in wax though? I’ve always done it in metal after casting.

Also, I don’t have good advice about how to stamp a long word. Shorter is easier to stamp.

Let’s see what others have to say.

Jeff

I think that Steel Stamps may have them. I have a pair with various stamps and have asked them about a custom stamp. They said that they can do this. I will post more specifics if I can find them…Rob

1 Like

Hi Jeff!

i forgot about this item! i needed one recently but didn’t recall it!…for a pair of earrings!

must add to list!

julie

1 Like

One thing to add. These marking pliers come in a variety of price ranges in numerous places. Mine are the pretty old and I don’t remember how much I paid for them or what brand they are? I mention that because they’re not all super expensive. I don’t know how they compare in quality, but my guess is that they’ll all work fine.

Gesswein - $202

Rio Grande - $136.00

PMC Supplies - $49.50

Cheers!
Jeff

Thanks so much for the information.

1 Like

Hi,
and…interesting…stamps sold separately…also wide price range…$15-$35 each…

julie

1 Like

There is a company called Microstamp that has been around for years and they make both the stamps that go in the pliers and also stamps that you hit with a hammer…both karat stamps and I think they also make stamps to your specs for hallmarking. -royjohn

3 Likes

Thanks royjohn! There’s many fun gadgets at Microstamp. These earpost stamping pliers are especially cool! Thank again for the tip!!

Jeff