Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

[Source] Large ring compressor die


Does anyone know where to get a larger than 12mm ring compressor
(resizer) die? I know they exist somewhere.



Scott, If you have a dapping block handy, it will work just fine. Put
the ring in an opening it just fits into, put a steel plate on top of
it and whack the plate with a hammer to drive the ring down into the
tapered hole. “Whack” is a technical term used exclusively by
professional jewelers as often as “ow!” is used.

Have fun.
Tom Arnold


Mr. Arnold, as a jewelry linguistic expert, would smack, strike or
hit be substitutable for whack, also would yeow be a long form of ow
and would “dam that smarts” be an acceptable substitute. LOL, the
shadow, William