If you use a torch, be *very* cautious!! If you put the torch to it
the way you would start out to solder "normal" solders, you will
get a very rude awakening, when the solder instantly overheats and
Good point - odd that the solder doesn't come with some instructions
as to what kind of heat source to use (mine just included the MSDS,
which didn't much help).
The first time I used it, I sneaked up on it with just the propane
on, which worked, but made a mess, getting the metal very dirty.
I've found that just a teeny bit of oxygen, not quite but almost
enough to neutralize the flame, seems to keep things cleaner without
overheating, provided it's used tentatively. I use a Little Torch, so
the whole flame is about 3" - 4" long.