Saying hi from a budding artist

I’m sort of a lone wolf. Most people I know don’t really work with jewelry. My boyfriend welds and that’s about it. I’m an experienced wire weaver but really want to break into fine jewelry mak

ing. I’m completely self-taught since I can’t afford to go to school. I just wanted to introduce myself because I’m trying to step out of my comfort zone and network some. I’m Spartanburg, SC but live in Rutherfordton, NC. If you or anyone you know lives close by and would like to interact some, that would be amazing. Anyway, my name is Kristen. Hi. :grin:

5 Likes

These pieces are beautiful!! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing. Welcome to our little corner of the world.

Jeff

Very nice pieces. I like the way you wove the wire in that ring.

Welcome! That ring design is very pleasing great job

Wire weaving/wrapping has always been a challenge for me - looks like you do some cool work!

Not in your area but just wanted to say as one self taught person to another that it’s definitely possible to do fine silver and gold work without formal training, you just have to be ready to make lots of mistakes. One of the benefits of a community like this is troubleshooting and fixing those mistakes :joy:.

Welcome!

Im self taught too. Hi from Alabama /