Sasha Shkolnik - Jewelry Gallery

Sasha Shkolnik
Juvelisto Design
Richmond, BC. Canada

I am inspired by every day life. The creation of a piece of jewellery starts from an image, a memory. Sometimes it’s something I’ve seen during my travels. Other times, an impression appears unexpectedly out of nowhere. Or an idea comes to me in my dreams, in the form of shapes or lines. I like to develop a vision of a piece, but as an artist, I am aware that the final result is a subject to sudden inspiration and should be fluid in nature. I have a need to express myself in a different design every time. It excites me to try new techniques and styles. One’s lifetime is not enough to fully explore all the possibilities of working with metal. My truly happy state is when I’m creating, regardless if it’s in my workshop or in my imagination. When I work on a design, I feel a mysterious power leading me to discovery, helping me to unveil a creation. I am blessed to be surrounded by people who have influenced me on my path and shaped my artistic personality.

Materials: Jade, cultured pearls, 18k yellow gold
Dimensions: 13/4" x 1"

10 x 7mm Green jade is bezel set and surrounded by open freeform gold frame holding 11 round white cultured pearls.

Photo credit: leon Shkolnik

Yellow tulip necklace

Materials: Baltic amber, sterling silver, freshwater pearl, black jenuine leather
Dimensions: 5" x 3 1/2"

One of a kind Necklace made using chunks of raw Baltic amber strung on black leather with a center piece of silver branch set with free form amber. Oversized silver clasp is acting as a part of design connecting necklace on the side of center piece.

Photo credit: Leon Shkolnik

Tree of life necklace

Materials: Sterling siver, black jute rope
Dimensions: 13/4" x 1’

This original design is representing woman’s face that transforms into tree with fallen leaves resembling her lips. The background of face is oxidized. Pendant is removable and can be worn as a brooch.

Sasha Shkolnik
Juvelisto Richmond, BC. Canada

I am inspired by every day life. The creation of a piece of jewellery starts from an image, a memory. Sometimes it’s something I’ve seen during my travels. Other times, an impression appears unexpectedly out of nowhere. Or an idea comes to me in my dreams, in the form of shapes or lines. I like to develop a vision of a piece, but as an artist, I am aware that the final result is a subject to sudden inspiration and should be fluid in nature. I have a need to express myself in a different design every time. It excites me to try new techniques and styles. One’s lifetime is not enough to fully explore all the possibilities of working with metal. My truly happy state is when I’m creating, regardless if it’s in my workshop or in my imagination. When I work on a design, I feel a mysterious power leading me to discovery, helping me to unveil a creation. I am blessed to be surrounded by people who have influenced me on my path and shaped my artistic personality.

Materials: sterling silver, bronze Photo credit: Leon Shkolnik

Sasha Shkolnik

Frog Prince Ring

Materials: sterling silver, diamond

The Frog Prince… who doesn’t know the fairy tale? In the Russian fairy tale where my inspiration came from, she’s the Princess Frog awaiting for a handsome prince to kiss her. He does and she becomes a beautiful girl and of course he falls in love and happily ever after….
From the precious childhood days when you still believed in miracles, this ring in sterling #silver with #diamond.

Sasha Shkolnik

Barnacles chrysoprase necklace

Materials: sterling silver, chrysoprase

This organic design was inspired by barnacles of the Pacific ocean. Made in sterling silver with small gold details, this necklace holds free form custom cut chrysoprase.

Sasha Shkolnik