Sarah Kobak - Jewelry Gallery

Zaandijk, Netherlands

sarahkobak.nl

About my work:
I am a goldsmith with a huge passion for traditional techniques. I developed my style by experimenting and trying different techniques I have read about in books or learned during my education. My inspiration comes fom the materials themselves. Looking at texture, prints, shapes and forms of (for example) textile or lace. Right now I am making jewellery with granulation; an old technique used by the Etruscan.

I am using the granulation not just as an decorative technique, but I also use the granulation to set gemstones with. Textile and lace, and then especially the print it leaves in the metal after milling it into the metal, is also a technique I use in my work. This in combination with colorful gemstones and the granulation. Also reticulation plays a huge part in my designs.

I am also looking into 3D and how I can combine this with traditional craftsmanship.

Eduaction:
2000-2004: ROC Zadkine, Schoonhoven the Netherlands.
Direction: level 4 goldsmithing
2005-2006: University college for the creative art, Rochester, England.
Direction: BA Hons jewellery design.

Materials: 14KT gold and a pink tourmaline

14KT gold ring with a pink tourmaline. The tourmaline is set with 14kt gold granulation.

Photo credit: Studio Redlab

Silver ring with granulation

Materials: Silver and rutile quartz.

This is a silver ring with a reticulated surface. The rutile quartz is set with silver granulation. The silver is patinated.

Photo credit: Floris Krelage

Silver pendant

Materials: Silver and gold granulation and diverse gemstones.

This is a silver pendant with a blue chalcedon, topaz, and 2 x green toermaline and gold granulation.

Materials: silver and gold

Silver ring with reticulated surface and gold granulation. The gemstone is a rhodolite.

Silver hollow ring

Materials: Silver and gold

Silver hollow ring with gold granulation and a oval cut turquoise.

Silver ring with gold granulation. The gemstones are a green tourmaline and citrin.

Silver ring with gold granulation

Silver ring with gold granulation. The gemstone is a rhodolite.

Silver earring with granulation

Materials: Silver

Silver earrings with granulation on the inside.

Silver necklace

Materials: Silver

Silver necklace with a white topaz.