Robert Wiegand's Benches

Hello All, I have been a lurker here For so many years I forget now just how many. So when the opportunity presented , with all the wonderful changes here I thought my first post would be to show you all my interesting mess. I do have space but if I could change it up I would have my benches all in the same room , a separate room for casting and wax work , and not shown in the shots are my machine shop that is in another separate room with mid size lathe, milling machine, drop cutoff saw , emco lathe and a micro mill being converted to cnc now. So many things from Rio, Canada is terrible for fair priced supplies and my favorite is the Orion 100c pulse arc welder that I have had for a year now see: Orion 100c Pulse-Arc Welding System - RioGrande. As for things I need … would be a really nice set of hammers and a few stakes as well as an anvil. So here are some shots around the shop!

Please excuse my organized mess , and Thanks all for sharing all you do to our wonderful community. Being disabled and house bound for the last 6 years, I really love receiving the digest … keeps me going and inspired with a feeling of connection, So glad the terrible bickering stopped. Sorry I don’t post and this is the first but I’m not much of a talker … best to you all!

5 Likes

Nice faceting setup!! :slight_smile: Very cool.

We love that you love your Orion 100c. It is a great machine! Let us know if you ever have questions. Cheers!

1 Like

Nice set up:)

1 Like

Great set up,
Would you be willing to show some of your work?
You don’t have to write😎

Thanks for the interest maybe. I will be reshooting the few pieces I have now for a craft gallery soon. The shots will be used for a web site also. Hopefully this will be done in the next month. I’ll keep you informed. Your shop is very nice you must do everything.are you on bike forum? I see we both share the love of bikes. The fans are nice to check out sundial wire for your cord replacements.
Sincerely R SY

Hi,
Looking forward to the pictures.
I’m on Bike XF.
I used to build , still modify & ride, mostly mountain & trail. I gave up road riding with the demise of several close friends. Our area was never designed for the traffic flow we now have, street riding is a real gamble.
Thanks
Jim
( need a bike?..)

Hello Jim,

Sorry to take so long to reply. I was involved in a car accident 4 days before Christmas and have been recovering and seeing doctors ever since. I will take a look at what I have for pictures and post some up. BTW I’m a former diver and Mel was one of those that inspired me to dive… I followed his sadness and jubilations closely. I just love your work with the relics, superb.

Ouch…
No fun and lousy timing. I wish you well on the mending process.
Thanks for thinking about the pictures, in time, heal first.
Yes, Mel was an inspiration, among other things, quite a character, and always true to form.
I’m working with the family again , third generation now, so there will be more to come on the dive project in the future.
Get well and thanks for checking in
Best,
Jim

From another lurking on the site - Thank you for posting!