I am in the throes of working on my presentation to SNAG, part of
which is on the Ganoksin site (details in another email), and part of
which is on how jewelers are using the web. If you have a web site
for your work I would appreciate any time you can give me in
answering the questions below. I would give you credit if I use any
of your comments, and would be glad to send you a copy of the final
text. The gist of the question is, what is important to know, does it
work for you, do you make money on it and what are the important
principles you have learned from your web project… So far I have
about 23 fully answered surveys compiled and could do with a couple
more. Thanks to those who have already filled one out. I will
eventually report on this to the Orchid list as a whole.
For anyone who is going to answer my list of web questions, please
include your url in your answer!
Please email me OFF-List with any answers to: @Charles_Lewton-Brai1
If you can’t take the time I thank you anyway.
Wishing you a Happy New Year!
– Why do you have an internet site?
– How much did it cost you to build?
– Did you build part or all of it yourself?
– What is the ongoing maintenance cost?
– How much time do you (or your employees) have to devote to the web
site? To a sale?
– Do you have a shopping cart function?
– What is the cost to you of making a sale for fees and other costs
– What is the cost to you in terms of time spent on the sale?
– What kinds of items do people buy the most on-line from you?
– What is the average sales price of a sale?
– What is the highest amount you have sold an item for through the
– What percentage of your total sales are through the web site?
– What problems have you seen?
– What successes spring to mind with your web site?
– What are the top three things to remember when doing this?
– Have you ever been hacked, and if so what happened?
– Is the internet a main sales outlet for you?
– It is an extenstion of or coordinated with print advertising?
– What is the primary use/function of your web site?
– Is print the gateway to your site?
– What further advice would you give a neophyte? Technical?
– What is important about a background?
– Ideas about font, pagewidth, contact design, metatags
– Do you have your own server and if so why?
Charles Lewton-Brain/Brain Press
Box 1624, Ste M, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 2L7, Canada
Tel: 403-263-3955 Fax: 403-283-9053 Email: @Charles_Lewton-Brai1