Recommending a silver cleaner to clients

I get this question a lot. What’s the best commercial cleaner to recommend, particularly for chains? I did look at some very old threads about this but am wondering if there are newer, better solutions. Many thanks.

I use Connoisseurs Silver Jewelry Cleaner. It is quick, easy, does a great job and relatively inexpensive. It works great on chains. One 7 oz container lasts a long time. I have had mine for maybe 20 years! I am watching this post to see if anyone else has a better idea.

3 Likes

Baking soda, mild dishwashing soap and a soft toothbrush. Make a paste with the baking soda and soap, rub and brush it in, rinse and dry - Viola!

2 Likes

We all should look at Jeffrey Herman’s website

There is a lot to learn there about taking care of silver. Thanks Jeff…Rob

3 Likes

Hi

julie

1 Like

Not a good idea. Connoisseurs has these ingredients Ingredients. Water, Thiourea, Cleaning Agents, Sulfuric Acid, Fragrance, Acetophenone . Thiourea is not only toxic to humans but it also micro etches the surface of the silver thus leaving it with a micro porous surface that causes silver to tarnish even more. It also removes ant applied patina. Please read Jeffery Herman’s info on silver cleaning.
Jo

2 Likes

Nope. Sodium is bad for silver.

1 Like

If i use any silver cleaner i use hagerty’s out of south bend, ind. Other wise i have a speed brite machine i love and the sunshine clothe that i use.

2 Likes