Prodigy flex shaft not working out of the box

Hi Kawaiidragon, If there is any concern with your flex shaft, please don’t hesitate to contact our agents. Our offices are closed on the weekends, but we’re available now to help with your flex shaft. Agents can be reached when you call 800.545-6566. (Our hours are 7am to 6pm MST M-F.)

We want to ensure that you are happy with your purchase, of course, but we also want to be sure that your machine is working properly. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help!

4 Likes

We would like to thank you for sharing your concerns about the Prodigy, and giving our teams the opportunity to work with you to replace the machine so we could ensure that you have one that is working for you. Additionally, we inspected existing stock to be sure that no issues existed, and found them all to be in working order.

If you should ever have questions about products or supplies from Rio, our Jewelry Tech Team is happy to assist in setup or to help troubleshoot with you. They can be reached during our business hours, toll free at 800-545-6566. Thanks again for choosing Rio, we look forward to serving you!

3 Likes

Thank you so much Rio Grande for your help and wonderful customer service, especially to Thomas. The first flex shaft I received ended up kicking the bucket today. It just stopped working. Thanks to you all, I just pulled the second one right out of the box and set it up. I was back up and running within minutes! I can definitely feel a difference in functionality between the two machines. The second one is so much smoother when operating and the foot petal doesn’t stick like the first did. So, thank you again!

1 Like

Our pleasure. Thanks again for the opportunity to make sure your tools serve you the best they can!