Police badge catch

I have a police badge that lost the catch off of the joint, pin and
catch on the back. The problem is that the pin is really thick, like
2mm in diameter. So I need an unusually big catch and I can’t seem
to find one. Usually these catches are about 3mm outside diameter,
what I need would be more like 5-6mm OD. It could be sterling, but
would be better if it was nickel or the like and a plate on the base
would be helpful when welding.

Any sourcese?


You might try one of the police badge manufacturers such as
Blackinton. Here is a list of suppliers, but I know that Blackinton
actually makes badges. They might be able to either sell you the
part or suggest a place for the part.

Francesca Anatra