I have been using an alloy called “carnation silver” that looks like rose gold but is 725 silver (instead of 925 like sterling.) For a recent customer I plated her carnation silver ring with “triple pink” gold plate without any intermediate plating. The rose gold plating wore off and turned the customer’s skin green within a day. I am not sure whether this could be caused by a metal allergy, or if i should have used an intermediate plate. We were thinking to try rhodium plating it instead, assuming it is an allergy problem, but the customer had wanted it to be rose gold, so this is not (her) ideal solution. Any insights into why our plating may have worn off so quickly and how to avoid it happening again?