I have been making jewelry for only a short time since taking classes
in the last year or so and had a problem that I hope someone can
explain to me. I had sparex in a crockpot for pickle and had been
using it with no problem for about 4 months. It was in my garage (I
had no trouble in the cooler months). This summer I was not able to
work on jewelry and it was unheated in the garage. I noticed that
the acid had somehow gotted over and under? but not through the
ceramic glazed pot, some was below in the metal part, and some had
crept out? gotten through? and was on the work table.
What happened? and why? If I use a crock pot again will it happen
again when I’m not looking? My husband mentioned that he had also had
a glass jar with a lid on of muriatic acid in the same garage that
had crystalized over the lid and onto his shelves?
Is this the humidity of the garage? Temperature? How do I stop this
Thanks so much for any ideas! Ceil