If we talk about neutralizing a pickle,the pickle is not an acid nor alkalic. In other words the solution is balanced out and has a PH of7.
G’day Pedro; I completely disagree with that! I never heard of any
substance which would remove copper oxide from the surface of sterling
or low carat gold which at works at room or boiling water temperatures
and is not acid. Sparex, for instance is sodium hydrogen sulphate or
sodium acid sulphate. Citric or oxalic acids are both acids. And
Sparex certainly does not have a pH of 7; it is more like 3.5. Then
there is no point in trying to plate out the copper in used pickle; it
is so cheap that you simply dispose of it properly and make up fresh.
Now,during the pickling proces you get little copper particles in this solution.
Sorry, but you really don’t get ‘particles’ You get copper IONS and
sulphate IONS or citrate or oxalic ions and hydrogen ions. These
cannot be seen even with the most powerful microscope, so they cannot
properly be called particles. They are sub microscopic parts of
molecules which have an electric charge.
I hate contradicting folk, but I felt I had to in this one If you can
show that I am wrong, please enlighten me.
John Burgess; @John_Burgess2 of Mapua Nelson NZ