[Photography] hot spots

    I have heard there is a spray that reduces glare but have
been unable to find a source yet! 

G’day; I used to use a material for damping down ‘hot’ spots on
polished items including rounded glassware used in chemistry.
Rather old fashioned these days I believe - but it was called
"Hair spray" then. (My age is showing; so don’t look.)