Pearl lariat

Does anyone have ideas how I should create a pearl lariat like this?

I love the durability of Beadalon 19 rather than string for pearls. But do you think I need to use silk string for this?

My main concern is how these two strands came to one. Was one knitted and glued inside the biwa pearl? Open to suggestions!

Hello,

I have no earthy idea, but! I have a few thoughts to share!..

plan #1: (no clasp)

• I would string and knot the cord to the appropriate length for both sides, less the lariat portion, and call one end A, and the other B (I would leave 3-5 pearls at the end of end B un-knotted.

• then taking end A, go thru the biwa, and then string the lariat portion (no knots, perhaps short cords tied in between each bead as a temporary knot spacers) and go around the bail/ clasp whatnot, and then double back…now knotting between the pearls on the lariat portion

• then thru the biwa again (perhaps a second hole path was drilled)

• and then double back thru end B, thru the 3-5 un-knotted pearls, now knotting them

• cut the end and glue…

• this plan assumes a long necklace, with no clasp…

plan #2: (back clasp)

• string thru 3-5 beads (not knotted), then around the clasp, and back thru the 3-5 pearls, now knotting in between.
  • cut the loose end and glue
  • string and knot the rest of side A
    -go thru the biwa pearl, and string the lariat portion (not knotting), and then double back up the lariet, now knotting, and back thru the biwi pearl.
  • then string and knot side B up to the end, leaving the last 3-5 pearls un-knotted (no knots, perhaps short cords tied in between each bead as a temporary knot spacers) and go around the bail/ clasp whatnot, and then double back…now knotting between the last 3-5 pearls.
  • cut the end and glue

this assumes that you can fit the cord to double back thru the 3-5 end pearls…I usually will drill the holes larger to accomodate double the cord(s) thickness…

just my lunch break thoughts…

Julie

I made some of these many years ago in a bead shop class. We used beadalon 45. Worked great.

Thank you for this detailed suggestion!