any recommendations for Paris I'm going in early May and want to
see modern art jewelry and art nouveau?
Assuming you mean Paris in France, there are a handfull of jewellery
galeries to visit
- Helene Poree, 1 rue de l'Odeon, 75006 Paris
- Elsa Vanier, 7 rue du Pre aux clercs, 75007 Paris
- Madame Cheret, 9 rue Madame, 75006 Paris
- Galerie Naila de Monbrisson, 6 Rue de Bourgogne, 75007 Paris
- 3b bijoux, 92 rue Saint-Martin, 750004 Paris
I would also add Boutique Talents, which is the showroom of the
french part of the World Craft Council, and displays a wide range
of craft products from France, among jewellery. 1 bis rue Scribe,
75009 Paris next to Opera and in walking distance to Place Vendme
(which is THE center of the french high-level jewellery industry)
Madame Cheret, officially Les Ateliers d’Art Liturgique Cheret, is a
must see: half of the shop is dedicated to liturgic art, the other
half to contemorary jewellery. Madame Ch=eret really is an
institution. Then buy lunch at Le Bon Marche, which is near Madame
Galerie 3b is right next to the Centre Pompidou where you will
certainly want to go as well.
Enjoy your stay !
www.violaine-ulmer.com - objets & bijoux