Your Orchid Blog Supports Google Authorship and extended Author
Google is displaying of author in their search results
to help users discover great content.
Google's new Authorship system represents a big change in how
content on the web is presented to users: authority will now be
derived from the author's identity instead of just the website's
statistics. The goal of Authorship is to make writers more
accountable for their content by associating their articles to their
Google+ profiles, placing the emphasis on who wrote the content
rather than where the content is posted.
If you want your to your Orchid blog content to be part of your
authorship, with your name and photo to appear in Google's search
results for all the content you create on your Orchid blog, you'll
a. A Google+ Profile
b. a good, recognizable headshot as your profile photo.
Then, verify authorship of your orchid blog content by associating
it with your profile using the method descibed below:
1. Sign up for Google+ and create a Google+ profile.
2. Make sure you have a profile photo with a recognizable headshot.
3. Login to your orchid blog and navigate to your author profile:
Make sure your Orchid blog "Nickname" field matches the name on your
5. Now, while still on your orchid blog profile page, scroll down
and fill up the sections titled "About Yourself" and "Fanciest Author
Box User Details"
6. In step 5 you will be able to link yo your orchid blog author bio
your other social network accounts such as Facebook and twitter
7. Assign yourself as an author to the orchid blog on your Google+
profile by editing the "Contributor to section"
i. In the dialog that appears, click Add custom link, and then
enter the website URL
ii. If you want, click the drop-down list to specify who can see
iii. Click Save.
8. To see what author data Google can extract from your page, use
the structured data testing tool. At