One - Differences Unite Us

Materials: sterling silver, leather belt, Tahiti Pearls
Dimensions: 90mm x 70mm x 20mm

Titled “ONE”, this unique belt buckle design for men sketches the life-journey of the three different forces and their ultimate union as ONE.

Beautiful Tahitian pearls in three rare hues (Peacock, Aubergine, Pistachio) together with simple curves of lines create abstract human forms representing body, mind and soul that look separate but are actually ONE.

There can be many interpretations and view points:

And as their forms intermingle harmoniously with each other we discover the mystery of a “good life” a harmonious integration of the body, mind and soul as ONE.

At a deeper level the design is actually a dream: a dream of a peaceful world where the very differences that set people apart are the very components of their creative and harmonious co-existence.

Today when the world is conquered by social media and the internet, the differences between us seem to bring us closer as they give us a tremendous opportunity to appreciate each others´ culture and way of life in a special and intimate way

Hence this design represents our journey as we evolve as “ONE”

Sonali Pratik Sheth
Sphere design Jewellery
Surat, Gujarat. India

For me, Jewellery design is a form of art where the medium consists of some of the most splendid creations of nature, the diamond, gold and gemstones.
I love to explore the fascinating worlds of art, culture, history and technology for interesting design possibilities.
My designs tend to be simple and bold with special attention to line, form, colour and space.

I design collections on special themes, so that each piece has some interesting underlying concept or a story to tell.

Each piece is crafted with utmost care for detail, finish and precision.
Yet, I truly believe that, the real beauty of a jewel is realized only when it brings a smile on the face of its wearer and that’s what I strive for.

Ganoksin hosts the jewelry list Orchid, with over 13,000 list members from all over the world, speaking from a wide range of technical and aesthetic experiences. The exhibition theme grew out of a desire to celebrate the creativity encompassed in this wide variety.

Artists were free to interpret the theme in any way they chose. Each artist could submit up to six pieces. Interpretations include uniting different materials into one cohesive form; intellectual and emotional “unitings”, where the meaning of the piece unites multiple concepts; the uniting of time - past, present and future; and a number that focus on the harmony created when uniting multiple materials and/or concepts.

The work submitted involved a wide range of jewelry techniques, from very traditional to very cutting edge, as well as using materials from traditional precious metals and gemstones to “re-purposed” and “up-cycled” materials.

The exhibition showcases 330 images chosen from entries from over 111 artists representing 26 countries.

Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Czech Republic, France, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Serbia, Spain, Trinidad, Turkey, UK, USA, Venezuela, and the Virgin Islands

Many of the participants began their interest in jewelry at a young age. Some are relative newcomers to the field, and some have over 35 years of experience as professional jewelers and goldsmiths. While some grew up in families that were goldsmiths, and followed in those footsteps, others only began creating jewelry as adults.