Olga and Yury Shmid - Bench Exchange

Olga and Yury Shmid
Russia

“We live in Russia in Saint Petersburg. Everyone in our family (I, my husband and from recent time our daughter) does jewelry. Personally I am the artist and the member of Saint Petersburg’s United Artists Society. And we often participate in different exhibitions… we have several tables and benches. One is for creating wax models or models of special plastic. We create mini sculptural images and therefore this part of work means involvement of microscopes. Then we take off silicon mold and cast the metal master-model. There is another bench for the assembly, soldering, mounting. Then the piece can be enameled, polished. The main place for work is the bench for the final step which is to bring the jewelry piece to the very end. Here setting jewels in and carving the ready piece take place. If you take a closer look at the photograph of our studio, you will see everything we do. And that is only a part of it!..”

Olga and Yury Shmid
Russia

“We live in Russia in Saint Petersburg. Everyone in our family (I, my husband and from recent time our daughter) does jewelry. Personally I am the artist and the member of Saint Petersburg’s United Artists Society. And we often participate in different exhibitions… we have several tables and benches. One is for creating wax models or models of special plastic. We create mini sculptural images and therefore this part of work means involvement of microscopes. Then we take off silicon mold and cast the metal master-model. There is another bench for the assembly, soldering, mounting. Then the piece can be enameled, polished. The main place for work is the bench for the final step which is to bring the jewelry piece to the very end. Here setting jewels in and carving the ready piece take place. If you take a closer look at the photograph of our studio, you will see everything we do. And that is only a part of it!..”

Olga and Yury Shmid
Russia