Old Friends

I had an old family friend come by today to buy another bracelet for her daughter. She was originally a friend of one of our younger sisters and has a collection of “Meixner Bracelets” from the mid 70s to the mid 90s. At my suggestion, she brought all of her bracelets so that I could polish and photograph them. Attached is a picture of her bracelets. Her collection is typical of hundreds of people in Central NY and beyond who have bought our father’s, mine or my brother’s bracelets over the years…Rob

Google Photos

23 Likes

That is such a great story and image!! Thanks for sharing!

Jeff

2 Likes

Great collection! Are you left handed by any chance?

2 Likes

Yes I am.

2 Likes

What an interesting observation! You’d make a great detective RicardoA09331!

1 Like

Congrats on the long and successful career. It’s lovely to see them all together.

1 Like

With the exception of the smaller brass and silver bracelet, these bracelets were all made by our father who was right handed. I typically twist in a clockwise direction unless there is some design reason not to…Rob

2 Likes

Haha, got me there! While trying to imagine how they were made I noticed the twist. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am curious - these are being referred to as bracelets.
I have always called these bangles.
My understanding is that bracelets are flexible chain style worn around the wrist.
Happy to be corrected!

1 Like

Them not these! Duh!

We call them bracelets, short for cuff bracelets. A bangle is a complete solid circle. We make them too. A chain bracelet is a chain bracelet. My wife can no longer comfortably wear a cuff as she has a condition that causes her to bruise easily. I am slowly turning her collection of gold bracelets into chain style bracelets, earrings and other pieces of jewelry that she can give to our daughters in law and grand daughters. I know that these terms will vary from one region of the world to another. In Central NY they are called bracelets and we have been making them for over eighty years…Rob

5 Likes

Thank you Rob for taking the time to explain all those differing terms. Things are never as simple as they can seem!
Cheers Willie

2 Likes

WOW!!! nice story and a great history… thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thank you for carrying on your family tradition and sharing it with us.

1 Like

Gorgeous bracelets! And I’m happy for you that your customers appreciate them.

Thanks Gerry…Rob