Here is the web address of MS media Manager for those planning or with
image sites: http://www.microsoft.com/mediamanager/
As a web builder here are a few recommendations on web design.
- Images need to be sharp and crisp in detail - adjustment with image
sharpening in a good image program can enhanced focus.
- KISS - that’s right, “Keep It Simple Stupid”. We all get caught in
the excitement of new page design. Keep your focus on the product, then
the site design. Page bells and whistles don’t sell your product,
presenting it at its best does.
- Use a spell checker - nothing is more of a turn-off than a lot of
- Purchase a decent web page editor - best on the market at present is
Microsoft Frontpage '98.
- Use thumbnail images of your offerings and link to an expanded image
to cut down on wait time.
- Register your site at the more popular search engines.
- If financially feasible, register a domain for your site. Cost
presently $ 100.00 for do-it-yourselfers. Adds a more professional
impact on potential customers.
- Be clear, concise, and short with written descriptions. Remember
people lose interest quickly when bored by slow downloads.
Hope this helps . . .