Noel Yovovich - Jewelry Gallery

Noel Yovovich lives and works in Evanston, Illinois, but draws much of her inspiration from her childhood in rural Florida. She grew up in an area between Tampa and Sarasota in which wildlife was much more numerous than people, especially children. The locale was popular as an over-winter and retirement spot for traveling circus and carney performers, and among her nearest neighbors were a retired clown, a sword-swallower and his wife, a professional fat lady, as well as a “giant” and a family of aerialists. This colorful beginning was followed by study culminating in a B.A. in Fine Arts from the University of Chicago, and the professional pursuit of art ever since.

Landscapes and intimate still-lives predominate in intricate jewelry, much of which uses carefully-controlled anodization of titanium, combined with sterling silver, plus gold, copper, and/or stones, to produce works with surprising detail and illusion of depth. Many of these works are intended to suggest a glimpse into a private life, and a situation of dynamic tension in which the viewer is stimulated to provide the emotional content. Others, such as the “Dream Landscape” series, invite the viewer to share the artist’s sense of longing for a setting of natural beauty which is not available in the here-and-now.

“More Than Meets the Eye” This 4" chair is also a reversible pin, earrings, a pin, and a box containing the chain. It is sterling, 18k, 22k, anodized titanium, and iolites. It took me more than a year (off and on) to finish it.

“Rainy Day”

“Rainy Day”

“River Run”

“River Run” These earrings are silver, 22k, copper, and Montana Agate.

“Granny’s Porch”

“Granny’s Porch” is based on fond childhood memories, though not too literally. It is a pin/pendant, silver, copper, and anodized titanium.

“Take the Long View”

“Take the Long View” is about waiting for your dreams… and about no middle ground.

“Cross Country”

“Cross Country” is actually drawn from life. Guess what I was doing when I came across this scene? I always carry a sketchbook.

Flashy Tea

Here is the finished piece that so many of you have helped make possible, through contributions of stones and ideas as well as equally important moral support and good wishes. It is 8" high overall-- the teabag is life size. It is silver, copper and glass, plus a 14k and titanium pin with a spinel, plus carnelian feet and the notorious “Flashy Tea” consisting of about 50 ct of mixed tourmalines and 3.7tcw of diamonds. The doors hane magnetic closures. I hope I have lived up to the outpouring of help I received with this project. Thank you all. Enjoy!

And thank you for making all this happen. I really don’t know what I would do without Orchid.

Noël Yovovich

Flashy Tea

Here is the finished piece that so many of you have helped make possible, through contributions of stones and ideas as well as equally important moral support and good wishes. It is 8" high overall-- the teabag is life size. It is silver, copper and glass, plus a 14k and titanium pin with a spinel, plus carnelian feet and the notorious “Flashy Tea” consisting of about 50 ct of mixed tourmalines and 3.7tcw of diamonds. The doors hane magnetic closures. I hope I have lived up to the outpouring of help I received with this project. Thank you all. Enjoy!

And thank you for making all this happen. I really don’t know what I would do without Orchid.

Noël Yovovich

Flashy Tea

Noël Yovovich