My "other" shop Ive never shared

I don’t think that I’ve ever shared with you guys that I don’t actually just make jewelry. I also make purses w leather or resin or crochet, blankets, memorial and toy teddy bears and dolls, and a jeans line and other clothing and dog accessories and dog Jewelry, per collars, beaded jewelry and pillows and native wear, and scrunchies and designer pillows. This is my other shop upstairs when I’m not downstairs in my jewelry / laser machine shop. This is a purse I just finished and I’m currently working on the insert organizer for the inside to hold it a little bit stronger.

10 Likes

this is awesome!

1 Like

Do I see a little adult ADHD going on here? I suffer from it along with OCD resulting in too many obsessions to be pursued at the same time. My days are very asynchronous. Lately I have spent a lot of time looking for the piece that I am working on because I left it somewhere that it shouldn’t be while moving on to another task that just flew into my head. I may find myself out in the garden weeding the beans when I realize that I hadn’t finished the bracelet that I was working on only to find that I can find where I left it. I do have fun…Rob

4 Likes

Can’t find, not can find. Sorry…Rob

2 Likes

Beautiful Kimberly! It’s so great to have so many skills and the ability to create what you want to with them. Congratulations on your wealth of accomplishments!

1 Like

You got me! BIG TIME, and somehow i make it work lol

@KimberlyJ67083 Art can’t be constrained by design nor material and is subject to one’s imagination!
It is as Vast as our Universe! Our Creator is where the wonderous gifts many of us possess comes from and just look at the unending examples we are able to draw from!!! Some of which we need to be sensitive to such as the melody that accompies the changing of the seasons, a breeze fluttering through the leaves in the trees
, a beautiful Sunshiney day, the song of the birds. All Creation speaks to some of us. I compose music and lyrics, work in wood, our beloved metal work w/stones and wood, paint and draw, charcoal, pen and ink, certified audio engineer (Pro-Tools “Operator”). Used to build custom cars and engines but no more because no time, no room, too old, another expense. I’ve cut way back on yard work and growing vegetables mainly because it’s a continuous fight with people using poison and not understanding that poison is gonna come back to bite all of us in ways unintended (killing off our pollinators). So I try to work with materials that are put in my path…
The lifetime it has taken me to attain the abilities I now possess
Has had me at times regretting times I wasted. I don’t do that if I can help it there is no reason to waste more on non productive endeavors! I feel very fortunate in many respects concerning Artistic Ness. I continue to draw strength and inspiration from the Master Craftsman. I am really glad to be associated with this forum of very talented people even though we are
In far flung areas. One of the amazing benefits of the day and age we live in, I collaborate musically with like minded people around the world also. So thanks to all that engage here and share precious knowledge and their works and a glimpse into a little of their Life.
@ KimberlyJ67083 I really enjoy seeing your current work and that you have taken the time to share some of your creativeness with us
Thank you, I instinctively knew you were a multifaceted Artist with lots of talent. :cowboy_hat_face:
Steven

3 Likes

I am touched by these posts. I too enjoy many creative outlets beyond the bench. How are you collaborating with others when you create your music?

1 Like

Hi @jnoslop I am always ready to talk about music :notes: and creativeness in general. Collaborating with others around this :earth_americas: of ours does take a certain amount of knowledge in different areas. In my 50s I took an AA course at a jr college in Northern California called Music Technology
Digital Recording I-II-III
Pro-Tools (leader in development in digital Recording Avid Co)
Also introductory into using other type of recording software (Reason, Sibelius Music Notation software, Alberton Live used in live night club settings, )
Intro into video integrated with recording software used in music videos and television programing etc.
All of these softwares eventually would be able to communicate with each other and play nice as they became more mature as well as the power of the computers that ran them also needed maturing .
Plus the operating systems that hosted all this stuff , Window’s and Mac Operating Systems.
Computers were prone to crashing
If you put any kind of Load on it!
You had to lay out more money to upgrade each software You were using about once a year to the tune of about $100.00 If you had the previous edition talk about multiple tits on the cow. They finally went from 32 bit to 64 bit and Solid Stat hard
drives etc etc.
My point on this explanation is I had to learn all of these things to be able to get online and collaborate with others!!! I was not very knowledgeable about computers but I was an electrician able to build all kinds of stuff like jewelry, engines, houses, bridge work, highrise work. I failed miserably my first go at computers but I kept at it and I can now assemble one! Yea
I joined a site called SoundCloud

Listen to BAY BLUES AND FRIENDS.ORIGINALS & COLLABORATIONS, a playlist by Bay Blues on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/s44JN Cloud

I post my music there and I follow some musicians there and some follow me. I’m able to make playlists of others work that I can listen to. I pay them monthly to host my music
If I only uploaded a small amount I could get a free account but now I’m able to access my music and sell it if I chose to do so. I’m also able to communicate with others that are willing to work together on a song. We can exchange audio files through Sound Cloud privately
Or use Dropbox or make them small enough to email mp3 or MP4 (use with video).
I belong to a Songwriters in the kitchen group it’s based in The Netherlands and we have different kinds of challenges that we write songs like a contest in a very friendly way just as this forum is very friendly :cowboy_hat_face: our work is posted on SoundCloud. There are other sites that do similar things but these I have used for quite awhile.
Digital Recording has been developing along side the computers and Internet for the last going on 50 years. Just look at what our phones are capable of. And here we’re conversing in real time if we want. I play guitar and use a keyboard (piano) and with it I can add voices, horns, violins etc. with MIDI, musical Instrument Digital Interface. And play it right into sheet music! I could go on into greater depth but that is enough that gives you a good idea of what is involved
In our electronic universe.
I want to tell you that at times I wanted to throw out my computer and stomp on it and kick it and I have to get away from it for awhile just like anything else.
Steven

2 Likes

I would like to add that when I start a song with someone I open a word document a put it in Google drive and send an invite to my writing partner. We may or may not have established the key, timing, all of which would affect the phrasing the cadence but something that can be modified at anytime because of the nature of music (fluid).
One or two columns
Subject gives us direction and type of content and maybe a little humor
Or any amotion
So we get down ideas and then sort them out and try to make it flow , rhythm, make sense etc.
Steven

2 Likes

That is fantastic! There are so many days in my shop i find myself wishing others lived around me to work there with me.

Synergy is the power absorbed and helps drive our creative engines!
When I’m able to I volunteer at the Jr College in the art classes giving advice, encouragement and inspiration. And I draw on some of their synergy, just a natural progression of artistic energy :cowboy_hat_face:
Shared shop time is truly magical when all concerned are on the same wave length. Respectful of tools, materials etc etc. Just the opposite is something to consider when inviting someone into your sacred space so a little vetting and maybe trial run is in order, being Blunt right up front is required too!
I have a friend that we have bought casting equipment together and we are setting up on his property but he is doing so many other things that I May not be alive when it comes to fruition! Hopefully this summer!
When winter :snowman_with_snow: hits sometimes are below 0° and ice and snow kinda slows progress. That’s Life.
I’m lucky to have a garage. I put wheels on my buffing cabinet plenty of room for different buffing wheels grinding wheels and polishing compounds. Chop saw cabinet holds skill saw, saber saw, blades etc and tool boxes that I can roll into the driveway and that gives me room to move around. I’m still getting rid of stuff that I really don’t need. My Tig welder I’ll have to plug in (220) where our air conditioner plugs in in the house. I bought a 20’ extension cord at a garage sale for $20.00🤠 This is a new type of metal working for me! I am excited to get going with Tig welding.
I would enjoy sharing shop time with others, I have been looking at a building that woul be great for a shared space where all those involved would share rent and bills but in the real world :earth_americas: Murphy’s Law ! Insurance, incompetent people, shit happens!
Steven

1 Like