Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Museum wax

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a wax (used to
protect finish of metal and/other surfaces) called “museum wax.”

A friend of mine suggested that I use Renaissance Wax to Protec
patinas. I have never tried it, and I have no idea how much it
costs. Here is the Adress:

Renaissance Wax
Talas Division of Tech lab Services
130 Fith Avenue
New York, NY 10011

Good luck


Thanks Isaac! This may be just what I’m looking for . . .

Hi Gang,

I just found and bought some “Butcher’s Wax”. I always wondered
what a butcher would do with wax, but it turns out it’s a brand
name. I found it in a specialty hardware store.

Designed primarily for wood, but also recommended (by Society of
American Silversmiths), along with Renaissance Wax, for
protecting steel tools from rust. I haven’t tried it yet, but
some of my mandrels need it pretty badly!

Dave Sebaste
Sebaste Studio
Charlotte, NC

Wow! Where has this message been lurking?!? I wrote and sent this a
few months ago!