Back to Ganoksin | FAQ | Contact

Master model maker


#1

This is to all the small,medium to large manufacturers out there that
need master models carved and or designed. If so contact me at
gldtist@netins.net.I am a fine artist as well as a manufacturer of
artsie fartsie 18k-14k most excellent jewelry. I have a reputation in
the industry as being a model makeer with a flair for creating different
designs that no one else has. They are all copyrightable-guaranteed.
Plus my integrity is unmatchable. My turn around time is also a sight to
behold. My prices are in line with the industry. I also understand
volumn to surface ratios to eliminate shrinkage porosity. I can built to
any specs and finished weight. For more info call 15152923297, Mike.


#2

This is to all the small,medium to large manufacturers out there that
need master models carved and or designed. If so contact me at
gldtist@netins.net.I am a fine artist as well as a manufacturer of
artsie fartsie 18k-14k most excellent jewelry. I have a reputation in
the industry as being a model makeer with a flair for creating different
designs that no one else has. They are all copyrightable-guaranteed.
Plus my integrity is unmatchable. My turn around time is also a sight to
behold. My prices are in line with the industry. I also understand
volumn to surface ratios to eliminate shrinkage porosity. I can built to
any specs and finished weight. For more info call 15152923297, Mike.

Michael: have you ever thought about doing a web page with photos of your
work etc.? Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html


#3

At 10:41 PM 11/2/96 -0800, you wrote:

Michael: have you ever thought about doing a web page with photos of your
work etc.? Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html

Amen to this; I’d love to see some of your work!

Susan

C Gems
Original Designs and Period Jewelry
cgems@pipeline.com


#4

where are you susan? What state,time zone etc.etc.etc.


#5

look on pages 329 & 330 of stullers mounting book also 331 the carvings
on the bottom of that page are all mine, alright you talked me into
doing a page, now all I have to do is figure out how .I have only had a
computor for a few months now,so you’ll have to be patient with my
clumbsiness


#6

At 10:41 PM 11/2/96 -0800, you wrote:

Michael: have you ever thought about doing a web page with photos of your
work etc.? Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html

Amen to this; I’d love to see some of your work!

Susan

Susan and all: I’m not really trying to sell anything here but it seems
some of you have specialized talents and artistic products that ought to be
on the web. I’ve already mentioned this to Michael, by the way. I can do
websites myself but am too busy with print media and dislike website
building as its boring for me. However my wife Suzanne
(sstephensdeisgn@opendoor.com) specializes in designing websites , some of
them for some pretty pricey clients. If you need a basic functional (quick
loading, no BS) website professionally done she can do a special package
deal in the $500-1000 dollar range for a few short pages. All you need to
supply is quality photography of your work and some descriptive writing via
e-mail. Building a website on your own isn’t something thats terribly
difficult and there are free shareware programs on the net that can help
you out. Of course you need free time to figure out a bunch of crap most of
us don’t want to deal with. Suzanne and I are both professional graphic
designers going back 25 years. Point is that I constantly get emails saying
that my work is the most unique that people are finding on the net and I
know some of you are way beyond my league but have no web presence. Having
a web page up brings world wide exposure and you have to do some
registering with search engines to get it out there and there’s no
guarantee of what kind of response you’ll get either. Just something to
think about…Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html


#7

Hey…

NO PROBLEM!!!.. Dave is going to take us all through the steps to build
pages . . one by one!!!

HOW ABOUT . . . A STEP A DAY??? THAT WAY YOU CAN HANDLE ALL OF THE QUESTIONS.

Now Dave… You know your blood pressure… !!!

Jim

At 11:12 AM 11/3/96 -0600, you wrote:


#8

Jim Chambers wrote:

YEA,…WELL!.. I could do one of those about ‘1%’ as good in about 40 hours
… so there!!!.. Hey its nice to know a real expert… how long does it
take a pro to do just one of those orginal waxes???

Jim

At 11:12 AM 11/3/96 -0600, you wrote:

it takes me about 2-6 hours most often 3-4. But fabricating takes me
about 40-80 hours including alloying, pouring, rolling,
forming,soldering, filing, detailing, finishing,etc.etc,etc.this is my
favorite thing to do. i love it.peace and light, mg


#9

MG,

I wanted to provide the URL but I didn’t save it… However, remember the
name … ALMOST… YOU SHOULD ENTER THE FOLLOWING AS A SEARCH PHRASE…
ONLINE HTML TUTORIALS… LOOKING FOR… HTML Assistant… It provides a
tutorial that is great… to learn the language, BUT there are also
’things’ that will covert your TEXT to HTML format … no problem… for
example,… IF you use MS WORD… look up Microsoft… and they provide
several conversions for text which you can down load directly to your WORD
Compiler… or also to your Power Point…

BUT, If you have the time … and you have NO experience with Script type
languages, then take, say, 2 hours… MAX, and do the online tutorial . .
If you been a part of the PC Nerd crowd for, let’s say, since '88, then you
may know a product produced by IBM called SCRIPT AND XEDIT… 90 % the
same(NO, … I don’t want to discuss the %)…

TIS VERY EASY… ANYONE THAT CAN PRODUCE THE MODELS I HAVE SEEN…
’’'AIN’T NO PROBLEM

Jim

At 10:53 AM 11/2/96 -0600, you wrote:


#10

Hey…

NO PROBLEM!!!.. Dave is going to take us all through the steps to build
pages . . one by one!!!

HOW ABOUT . . . A STEP A DAY??? THAT WAY YOU CAN HANDLE ALL OF THE QUESTIONS.

Now Dave… You know your blood pressure… !!!

Jim

Oh, Jim, you’re so kind,thanks soooo much. OK, I could help if you want it.
Step one, today’s lesson. Make a new folder. Get a scan of one of your
incredibly awesome brass casting of that little bunny rabbit pin you made
for your wife. You will need photoshop or some imaging software like
graphic converter to change your scan to a jpeg image thats 400 pixels wide
at 72 dpi. We are going to build a basic one page site with one image in it
to start. I’m a Mac guy so don’t know image software for PC’s but go to
shareware.com and search under jpeg and you’ll probably find some freebie
software that will convert images to jpeg (think you guys call them jpg’s.
Let me know when you’re ready for step two…Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html


#11

Jim Chambers wrote:

MG,

I wanted to provide the URL but I didn’t save it… However, remember the
name … ALMOST… YOU SHOULD ENTER THE FOLLOWING AS A SEARCH PHRASE…
ONLINE HTML TUTORIALS… LOOKING FOR… HTML Assistant… It provides a
tutorial that is great… to learn the language, BUT there are also
’things’ that will covert your TEXT to HTML format … no problem… for
example,… IF you use MS WORD… look up Microsoft… and they provide
several conversions for text which you can down load directly to your WORD
Compiler… or also to your Power Point…

BUT, If you have the time … and you have NO experience with Script type
languages, then take, say, 2 hours… MAX, and do the online tutorial . .
If you been a part of the PC Nerd crowd for, let’s say, since '88, then you
may know a product produced by IBM called SCRIPT AND XEDIT… 90 % the
same(NO, … I don’t want to discuss the %)…

TIS VERY EASY… ANYONE THAT CAN PRODUCE THE MODELS I HAVE SEEN…
’’'AIN’T NO PROBLEM

Jim

At 10:53 AM 11/2/96 -0600, you wrote:
thank you kindly my friend ,
will give it a try, tho i have only had a computor for 4 months now,

and this is all foriegn to me at this point. i’m still having fun
screwing around with this “thing”.


#12

OK, Will get a JPEG immage

Think PowerPoint does that if you have downloaded the free MS feature…

NEED A MINUTE!!!
Jim

At 07:35 PM 11/4/96 -0800, you wrote:


#13

COME ON … MIKIE(Let Mikie do it)!!!

YOU’VE GOT TO STAY UP WITH DAVE’S CLASSES!

THE ADDRESS I GAVE YOU HAS A GREAT INTRO TO THE ‘NET THINGS’ AS WELL… IT
IS ONLINE AND THEREFORE, IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK…

Jim

At 07:16 AM 11/5/96 -0600, you wrote:


#14

Jim Chambers wrote:

OK, Will get a JPEG immage

Think PowerPoint does that if you have downloaded the free MS feature…

NEED A MINUTE!!!
Jim

At 07:35 PM 11/4/96 -0800, you wrote:

Hey…

NO PROBLEM!!!.. Dave is going to take us all through the steps to build
pages . . one by one!!!

HOW ABOUT . . . A STEP A DAY??? THAT WAY YOU CAN HANDLE ALL OF THE QUESTIONS.

Now Dave… You know your blood pressure… !!!

Jim

Oh, Jim, you’re so kind,thanks soooo much. OK, I could help if you want it.
Step one, today’s lesson. Make a new folder. Get a scan of one of your
incredibly awesome brass casting of that little bunny rabbit pin you made
for your wife. You will need photoshop or some imaging software like
graphic converter to change your scan to a jpeg image thats 400 pixels wide
at 72 dpi. We are going to build a basic one page site with one image in it
to start. I’m a Mac guy so don’t know image software for PC’s but go to
shareware.com and search under jpeg and you’ll probably find some freebie
software that will convert images to jpeg (think you guys call them jpg’s.
Let me know when you’re ready for step two…Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html

orchid@ganoksin.com

orchid@ganoksin.com

Looks like someone Jolly-Rogered my page and screwed up my photos so
Dave run over there and rebuild it while you are at it…
Seriously if you need photography work on jewelry items I do that
sort of thing and I can scan them digitizing to whichever format you
need ie.gif…jpeg…I have the Mac formats as well…so email if you
want to discuss that…Currently using a Yashica 35mm with a lens which
was made for insurance documentation of stamp collections,jewelry etc.
Also I do written public relations presentations for biographical
background and promotional buildups and profiles.I have worked several
public relations jobs including one for one of the larger circus
operating corporations in the U.S. I can advise you or edit your copy to
help with clarity through concise wording.This helps by saving you space
on the webservers or systems you intend to use and leads to fast loading
and fewer breakdowns in service at your new site in the future. …Gavin


#15

Hey Dave!!!,

Let’s just take it UNO step at a time… for us DP, IT, IS Dummies… Think
G(that’s … a HE… not She!)… agrees… thanks… you can get too that
stuff latter…

Just-a-Little-at-a-time,

Slowly… Jim

(And MG… Come in???)

07:23 PM 11/6/96 -0600, you wrote:

Jim Chambers wrote:

OK, Will get a JPEG immage

Think PowerPoint does that if you have downloaded the free MS feature…

NEED A MINUTE!!!
Jim

At 07:35 PM 11/4/96 -0800, you wrote:

Hey…

NO PROBLEM!!!.. Dave is going to take us all through the steps to build
pages . . one by one!!!

HOW ABOUT . . . A STEP A DAY??? THAT WAY YOU CAN HANDLE ALL OF THE
QUESTIONS.

Now Dave… You know your blood pressure… !!!

Jim

Oh, Jim, you’re so kind,thanks soooo much. OK, I could help if you want it.
Step one, today’s lesson. Make a new folder. Get a scan of one of your
incredibly awesome brass casting of that little bunny rabbit pin you made
for your wife. You will need photoshop or some imaging software like
graphic converter to change your scan to a jpeg image thats 400 pixels wide
at 72 dpi. We are going to build a basic one page site with one image in it
to start. I’m a Mac guy so don’t know image software for PC’s but go to
shareware.com and search under jpeg and you’ll probably find some freebie
software that will convert images to jpeg (think you guys call them jpg’s.
Let me know when you’re ready for step two…Dave

Art Jewelry for Conscious People
http://www.opendoor.com/stephensdesign/crystalguy.html

orchid@ganoksin.com

procedures

orchid@ganoksin.com

procedures


#16

hey there M. G.
I’ve been using th eStuller catalog for years now. I checked out your peices.
They aren’t really my style. But I want to know how you got to do them for
Stuller.
MarcFrom: owner-orchid@proteus.imagiware.com on behalf of Jim Chambers
Sent: Monday, November 04, 1996 4:48 PM
To: orchid@ganoksin.com
Subject: Re: master model maker

YEA,…WELL!.. I could do one of those about ‘1%’ as good in about 40 hours
… so there!!!.. Hey its nice to know a real expert… how long does it
take a pro to do just one of those orginal waxes???

Jim

At 11:12 AM 11/3/96 -0600, you wrote:

look on pages 329 & 330 of stullers mounting book also 331 the carvings
on the bottom of that page are all mine, alright you talked me into
doing a page, now all I have to do is figure out how .I have only had a
computor for a few months now,so you’ll have to be patient with my
clumbsiness

orchid@ganoksin.com

procedures

procedures


#17

Thomas Williams wrote:

hey there M. G.
I’ve been using th eStuller catalog for years now. I checked out your peices.
They aren’t really my style. But I want to know how you got to do them for
Stuller.
Marc

From: owner-orchid@proteus.imagiware.com on behalf of Jim Chambers
Sent: Monday, November 04, 1996 4:48 PM
To: orchid@ganoksin.com
Subject: Re: master model maker

==
YEA,…WELL!.. I could do one of those about ‘1%’ as good in about 40 hours
… so there!!!.. Hey its nice to know a real expert… how long does it
take a pro to do just one of those orginal waxes???

Jim

At 11:12 AM 11/3/96 -0600, you wrote:

look on pages 329 & 330 of stullers mounting book also 331 the carvings
on the bottom of that page are all mine, alright you talked me into
doing a page, now all I have to do is figure out how .I have only had a
computor for a few months now,so you’ll have to be patient with my
clumbsiness

alright, here it is,
about 10 yeaars ago I called matt stuller up. i had never heard of the
company before this." i was born into this world with art talents. all
of my intelligence is directed to art and design, i don’t, can’t direct
it any other way but art ,(i can’t do algebra)" anyway we were talking
about matt stuller, i had been on my own for about 18 tears and was
unhappy with the direction my life was going, so i started looking
around for employment. talking to matt asking him if he could use a
designer, model maker, he said no, but do you have any models i could
look at? i sent him 18 silver models and he bought 15 of them. a few
months later he called me up and told me he had introduced my name to a
company in hollywood that marketed master models. they called me up and
asked me to produce 10 new models per week at 100$ each. boy was i in
heaven, for about 18 weeks, then all my models started looking the same.
that was when i realized that i could be making 2-400$and up pr model if
i marketed them myself, so i got ballzee and started calling companies
up and selling myself. about that same time we moved from utah to iowa .
we packed up and moved keeping everything in storage for a month until
we could find a house. at the same time we stayed at my wifes parents
house so i set up a wax bench in the"downstairs". matt called and said
he needed about 30-40 free forms for remount. this is where those two
pages came from. that was in 89’. i am still doing waxes for stuller, as
a matter of fact i’m carving 10 more freeforms for them as we speak. i
carved a great deal of the animal chain slides in their book as well…
.there are also tons of my gents ring designs in their book.are you
familiar with idaho opal?, thay market some of my designs as well as
marketing my name. it all takes time, so be patient my friend, in the
meantime if you need any help with designs or wax work just ask , i’ll
help anyway i can. your friend ,MIKE GILGER (this door is open to all
of my brothers and sisters)