Marla S Rudnick - Jewelry Gallery

Rockville, MD. USA
Marlasrudnick.com

Marla S. Rudnick’s early studies of knitting and metal work merged into an exploration of knitting precious metals into wearable art. Her jewelry creates a metal fabric which can be formed into necklaces, earrings, pendants and pins. Each exceptional piece may be decorated with pearls, stones or simply adorned with gold or silver. I enjoy observing and thinking about how objects occupy space both internally and externally. My observations manifest themselves in my knitted metal jewelry and sculptural work by the nature of the pieces. When viewed my work reveals the exterior plane, interior plane and the space beyond. The interactions of visible planes in my work drive my ideas and creations as an artist.

Materials: Fine and sterling silver with fresh water pearls Dimensions: 15.5" x 2" x 0.20"

Knit fine silver collar stitched together with fine silver. Handmade sterling silver findings and stitched on fresh water pearls.

Photo credit: Marla Rudnick

Labradorite Necklace

Materials: Fine and sterling silver with Labradorite
Dimensions: 19" x 3" x 0.4"

Knit fine silver necklace stitched together with handmade sterling silver findings and fresh water pearls.

Photo credit: Ralph Gabriner

1 Like