Luisa Bruni - Jewelry Gallery

Torino, Italy
luisabruni.com

My background and my close proximity to the art world has always influenced my research in the field of ornaments providing me a better medium to model my dreams.
"Jewels" to me are only the visible part of something that I always carry inside me.
The poetic element of which is imbued with all my work is made up of images, sometimes in sequence of moments, the slow passing of time, where, in the space between looking the piece and reading the title, is founded my jewel, as the image of a haiku.
The design object becomes the container physical and symbolic, just like the frame for a painting.
I am interested in stimulate more senses simultaneously (sight, hearing, smell) of the viewer to bring him the same emotional state that I feel when created it and situate him in a childlike wonder.
The materials I use, as well as the technique, are in function of this idea.

Materials: Silver, bronze, gold, epoxy resin Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 38 mm

“old pond . . .
a frog leaps in
water’s sound”

“subject of haiku are fast and intense scenes that usually represent nature and the emotions they arouse in the soul of the poet. The lack of obvious links between the verses gives way to a vacuum full of charm, almost like a trace that the reader has to complete. “ (Wikipedia)

Photo credit: Rodolfo Fiorenza

1 Like

PLINK

Materials: Silver, methacrylate
Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 33 mm

With inspiration taken from the world of photography ring Plink seizes the day, stopping the water at the time, hit by a drop, gushes the surface

Photo credit: Luisa Bruni

1 Like

e non è più occidente

Materials: Silver, sand, spices (paprika, curry, cumino), epoxy resin
Dimensions: 40 x 40 x 40 mm

Fragrances, colours, voices, noises…….street market.
Sacks full of scented spices which look as being there for the joy of eyes only, a sort of ‘spices way’, a glimpse of the travel stories described in novels or by travellers, when the Middle East was the place of 1001 night princesses.

Atollo

Dimensions: 41 x 41 x 35 mm

It’s a group of rings made of a silver base, a coloured plate synthetic resin, and a upper part in various metals.
The synthetic resin transparency gives a glimpse of the ocean floor which, being made of an engraved and hammered silver base, creates bright effects which remind the sun reflecting on the sea.

Photo credit: Gianni Falconieri

1 Like

Times Old Roman

Materials: Silver, sand, epoxy resin
Dimensions: 25 x 25 x 28 mm

Playing with time. Suggestions of earlier eras.
Our remote past in “Times Old Roman”, with a look on the pitchers that lie on the bottom of the deep blue waters of the Mediterranean sea.

Horror Vacui

Materials: Silver, gold, copper, brass
Dimensions: central: 45 x 112 x 5 mm; chain: 5 x 5 x 640 mm

“I am of the opinion that a” concept ", understood in the contemporary sense of the term, it is difficult to find in a “traditional” object which by definition is outside of time and beyond philosophical interpretations as well, in fact, conceptualistic. -It’s the motivation of the artist Luisa Bruni - the project idea is to reproduce the richness of Klimt paintings using different materials, such as copper, brass and gold, to give back through a very meticulous technique the vibrant and autumnal brushstrokes of 'the artwork “The forest of Beech trees”

Photo credit: Luisa Bruni